entangle as brick trick

Scifi_Toughguy

The classic 'brick smacks his hands together and creates a big boom'. In Fred, its described as a hearing group flash. I don't think this is all that useful and doesn't correctly model the effect of grabbing your ears and being unable to act because of the force of the blow and general discombobulation.

I think entangle does this much better. My question is, following the based on ECV line, if I add explosion to the entangle (cone) and take no range, does this behave as does area of effect (cone) no range (where the effect begins in the hex away from the character thus avoiding the whole character takes full effect clause)?

Re: entangle as brick trick

This is what I use for my Bricks as an entangle attack (please feel free to use it yourself if you so wish)

Entangle: 5d6 5 Def AE:Cone 6"

Only when ground struck, no range, does knockback

Transform 5d6 Limited target(ground), Linked to Ent.,

When ground struck, no range

"Tremor Attack"

The transform special effect is ground to rubble.....the entangle is the rubble. This particular character usually punches the ground to do this. Then again he's made entirely of Granite (his Name) so it makes sense.