Telios VPP Powers

Moonblade

I'm running a campaign where my PCs are about to encounter their first world-beater; Telios. I've worked up a couple of more powers for his Variable Power Pool that I'll post later but wanted to see what other people thought were good "Bio-Weapons" that would fit his M.O.

Thanks in advance,

Re: Telios VPP Powers

Some Examples;

Occillating Shrieker/Pop Bulb Gun: Energy Blast 6d6, Variable Special Effects (Limited Group of SFX; +¼), No Normal Defense ([standard]; Appropriate Flash Defense; +1) (67 Active Points); OIF (-½), 8 Charges (-½) Real Cost: 33 END: [8]

Neurological Paralyzing Spray: Entangle 4d6, 2 DEF, Personal Immunity (+¼), Area Of Effect (14" Cone; +1), Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense applies; +1) (97 Active Points); OAF (-1), 6 Charges (-¾), No Range (-½) Real Cost: 30 END: [6]

Triptophane Cocktail Capsule: Drain END 4d6, Continuous (+1) (80 Active Points); 3 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Turn each (-¾), IAF Fragile (-¾) Real Cost: 32 END: [3 cc]

I'm trying for a biological attack theme - staying away from mechanical or energy attacks as I think suits Telios' style.

To some extent it is mainly just a tweaking of what produces the attack examples:

Electric Eel Armor: electricity based damage shield

Acid Goop Gun: Acid Based EB (think a stomach which vomits its payload)

Cloned Soldiers: Duplication/summon

Mutagenic Spray: Random Transform

Rapid Growing/Semi-Aware Poison Ivy: Entangle with linked poison effect

Berserker Gas: Mind Control (attack all enemies), area of effect, based on con, NND (self Contained Breathing) plus linked Mental Illusions (Everyone is an enemy), Area of effect, Based on Con.

I suppose a good way of thinking is what effect does he want and how could it be designed using biological technology.

Hell you could design a powered armor suit he could use out of organic concepts as he pretty much considers other lifeforms at the same level as objects and this could really hit home as to why Telios is such a bad guy.

The grand old Global Guardians shared Champions universe included a (very cool) master villain called Abyss whose shtick was organic technology. His writeup featured many weapons with that SFX which you might crib from: http://web.archive.org/web/20050218045407/www.globalguardians.com/npcs/npcsab/abyss.php

That write-up is definitely along the lines I was thinking but it's nice to see it defined precisely as built Powers. The organic armor is interesting but I probably won't go that way because Telios seems to think his own body is so perfect. I'm thinking more offensive tools and all these suggestions are great. The fast growing plants is particularly interesting as I'm creating a "garden of death" and plant lab so those kinds of powers are great.

The Swarm is particularly interesting but potentially abusive if nobody has hardened defenses or sealed armor.

Thanks for your thoughts.