Stomach of Survival

Doc Shocker

I'm starting up a Teen Champions campaign with my friend and co-GM so we each need characters to play when the other is running. My character won't be starting out with very much in the way of powers.

His back story: Seth Thomas is an uber nerd. Sci-Fi, comics, gaming, Super Hero fan and all of that. He also happens to be borderline superhumanly intelligent. He recently concocted a formula in an attempt to give himself super powers. The results are, currently, rather disappointing. He managed to turn himself into a 3'7" faun like creature and boost his intelligence to just over superhuman levels.

As a result of this origin I have a few powers for him already.

A little extra Running and Leaping. A suite of Enhanced Senses, mostly bonuses, nothing too esoteric yet. I'm thinking of selling off his swimming, not as a result of being a faun but from being a nerd that hasn't learned to swim. As part of his mutation I've given him Life Support vs. sleep, his brain has become so efficient he doesn't need to sleep. He also gets a small boost to PD & ED.

The problem I'm having is with the other form of Life Support I want to give him. I'm basing it off the "mythic" ability that goats can eat anything.

All I can come up with is Life Support vs. anything he eats or drinks. He can still be knocked out or poisoned by gasses, can be affected by anything introduced into his system through the skin, can still contract diseases. If he eats or drinks ANY harmful substance he's ok.

So how do I build this? Any help is appreciated.

Re: Stomach of Survival

Had to do a similar build for Ben 10's alien Upchuck:

Can Eat Just About Anything: Life Support (Eating: Character does not eat)

Yes, anything!: Life Support (Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents) (10 Active Points); Only Against Ingested Poisons (-1/2)

Of course the characters DOES eat and in fact eats a lot. But since he can survive on just about anything he can swallow including things that are toxic to a normal person, there's few situations where he could ever starve.

Had to do a similar build for Ben 10's alien Upchuck:

Can Eat Just About Anything: Life Support (Eating: Character does not eat)

Yes, anything!: Life Support (Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents) (10 Active Points); Only Against Ingested Poisons (-1/2)

Of course the characters DOES eat and in fact eats a lot. But since he can survive on just about anything he can swallow including things that are toxic to a normal person, there's few situations where he could ever starve.

I agree, if you can eat things as a super power then you need to put some points into it (Like say "defusing" a bomb by swallowing it) or like matter eating lad, otherwise I'd even passon LS-Toxins etc and buy it with EP's (unless fighting evil poison mongering shinobi is one of you "thangs"...)

The "super chewing" is just extra defenses for his mouth. He won't have the STR to bite through anything tougher than things like tin or aluminum for a while. Then I'm thinking of making it a hefty HKA with some AP and Penetrating.

Sounds cool, so he can "EP' his way to matter eatting lad...

well I find that the weird side notes are often the "coolest" and most memorable part...and never underestimate the power of in game logic driving EP spending.

If you "save the day" by eating the dirty bomb, you might just find your self craving some more of that action...... ;)

Best of luck with your cool teen champion!