Multipower Variable Slot Question

Re: Multipower Variable Slot Question

So' date=' looking at point 2) on the FAQ there, then my original proposition [i']would[/i] be legal? Or does it mean I would need enough points in the pool to pay for the full slot even if it is a multi and I only use half of the points?

Well, the wording of the FAQ seems to be in direct opposition to the wording in the text of 5ER itself.

However, a character may not combine two or more slots from a single Power Framework as part of a multiple-power attack, even if he has sufficient reserve or base boints to use both slots at once.

Which seems odd to me.

A conflict with 5er p 358 - see my followup question. I prefer the ruling Steve provides, which is consistent with my own pre-5er interpretation, however I am of the opinion that any framework slots otherwise usable simultaneously should be usable (and combinable) in an MPA, with the possible exception of limiting VPP slots to an AP total equal to the pool.

Well' date=' Steve has answered that the interpretation of the FAQ is correct, so we seem to have a conflict here...[/quote']

Which seems to me that it shouldn't be in the FAQ at all, but rather in the Errata. I'm glad to know this, never having looked at the 5ER FAQ myself (since I only have FREd). A clarification goes in the FAQ, but if it directly contradicts the rulebook, it should be in the Errata.

But it does seem that the 5E FAQ answer:

"A character could use a Power Framework slot as one of the powers in a multiple-Power attack, provided the following apply: it’s the only power in the Framework used in the attack; the Framework is a Multipower/VPP with enough reserve/pool points to allocate to two or more slots used in the attack simultaneously; the Framework is an EC with two or more Attack Powers."

is completely redundant. I don't think anyone suggested or thought that it was permissible to use two attacks in a Multipower or VPP when you *don't* have enough points for both of them. The answer could have been simply, "Yes," rather than having to list every possible case separately and state that they're all permissible.