Your opinions please?

I'm running a game now set in Paragon City (for those familiar with the City of Heroes MMO). Basically the only aspect of the game I'm adapting is the world and it's inhabitants, so that is to say I haven't set my players into limited archetypes or anything.Anyway beside the point, in this world is an organisation called Crey Biotech, which to the public appears as benevolent as Wayne Industries or Stark Enterprises but in actual fact is quite dark and sinister. All my players have chosen to be hunted by this organisation, and so as a prelude to the eventual Alien invasion story I have planned, I'm having a little fun hunting them.The Crey employ a number of genetic creations made from the DNA stolen from the graves of fallen heroes, and other underhanded sources. They call them Paragon Protectors. I introduced the group to them earlier, and last session dropped the name Project Ministry and had them seperately pursued by Crey "Security Personell" into the subway system. This session I intend to have Project Ministry, four Paragon Protectors, enter into a climactic underground battle with the PCs, that will hopefully end with them (the PCs)finding an underground city.TL;DR - that's ok, I haven't asked the question yet ;)The question: I am going to, for trivia's sake, base The Ministry on the divisions of government from Wells' book 1984. I'm fairly certain most of my players would have read it. I want to know your opinions of the powers I've chosen to identify the members of Project Ministry, and if you've read 1984 could you suggest better ones?For Love (the Ministry of Love was responsible for punishing criminals)I've given him a 6d6 absorption with variable effect (into rpd, red or strength; he has no resistand defense normally and 20 base str) and a 1d6 HKA.For Truth ( The Ministry of Truth was responsible for propaganda)I've given him 50 AP of Mental Illusion.For Plenty (The Ministry of Plenty was responsible for keeping supply rations low)I've given an END suppression field.And finally for Big Brother, which is where the wondering on my part comes in, I've given 50 AP of Density Increase, but I wonder if I should go more in line with the book on this one and give him some kind of Clairsentience with mind link to the other three?I'm really stumped on this. Going on the play on words and giving him DI makes for more physically interesting combat; but an npc who knows what the PCs plan to do before they do it and where they are can be interesting as well.

Re: Your opinions please?

To be honest, I think you will be far more interested and amused by the 1984 tie in than players. Just not very 'super-hero'-ey', and not really thematically tied into Paragon Protectors of Crey industries. I'm not sure how into CoH your players are. If they really are, I'd stick just to the coH feel before working in connectiosn to other works.

They've never played it, so the world is new to them at every turn. Kinda why I chose it, let's me cheat as a GM, a wealth of interesting stories that my players have no prior experience with.

You do make a good point though, I never intended the 1984 reference to be anything more than an easter egg, perhaps I'm thinking too deeply into it.

Just tried to edit again, and I still can't space the first post. I think it would be polite of me to request this thread be removed, I feel bad having such poor forum ettiquette displayed by me here and in light of incrdbil making a good point, I think my question has been answered.

They've never played it, so the world is new to them at every turn. Kinda why I chose it, let's me cheat as a GM, a wealth of interesting stories that my players have no prior experience with.

You do make a good point though, I never intended the 1984 reference to be anything more than an easter egg, perhaps I'm thinking too deeply into it.

Well, dont be afraid to use it for inspiration, but dont worry about working it in so hard so the players catch it..unless you have a group of Lit majors or somethign who would dig the reference :)

I'm running a game now set in Paragon City (for those familiar with the City of Heroes MMO). Basically the only aspect of the game I'm adapting is the world and it's inhabitants, so that is to say I haven't set my players into limited archetypes or anything.

Anyway beside the point, in this world is an organisation called Crey Biotech, which to the public appears as benevolent as Wayne Industries or Stark Enterprises but in actual fact is quite dark and sinister. All my players have chosen to be hunted by this organisation, and so as a prelude to the eventual Alien invasion story I have planned, I'm having a little fun hunting them.

The Crey employ a number of genetic creations made from the DNA stolen from the graves of fallen heroes, and other underhanded sources. They call them Paragon Protectors. I introduced the group to them earlier, and last session dropped the name Project Ministry and had them seperately pursued by Crey "Security Personnel" into the subway system. This session I intend to have Project Ministry, four Paragon Protectors, enter into a climactic underground battle with the PCs, that will hopefully end with them (the PCs)finding an underground city.

TL;DR - that's ok, I haven't asked the question yet ;)The question: I am going to, for trivia's sake, base The Ministry on the divisions of government from Wells' book 1984. I'm fairly certain most of my players would have read it. I want to know your opinions of the powers I've chosen to identify the members of Project Ministry, and if you've read 1984 could you suggest better ones?

For Love (the Ministry of Love was responsible for punishing criminals)I've given him a 6d6 absorption with variable effect (into rpd, red or strength; he has no resistand defense normally and 20 base str) and a 1d6 HKA.

For Truth ( The Ministry of Truth was responsible for propaganda)I've given him 50 AP of Mental Illusion.

For Plenty (The Ministry of Plenty was responsible for keeping supply rations low)I've given an END suppression field.

And finally for Big Brother, which is where the wondering on my part comes in, I've given 50 AP of Density Increase, but I wonder if I should go more in line with the book on this one and give him some kind of Clairsentience with mind link to the other three?

I'm really stumped on this. Going on the play on words and giving him DI makes for more physically interesting combat; but an npc who knows what the PCs plan to do before they do it and where they are can be interesting as well.

There you go: line breaks :)

At home I don't have to, but it seems here at work I do. What's funny though is when I try to do anything to my OP the edits don't show up.

Truthfully I gave up trying.

I change Plenty to an Change Environment 1" radius, with TK STR to pull objects toward the center only, and a 2 point Body NND: defense being No Mass, with Explosion that only applies to the STR and fades at a much higher rate than normal so it extends out only 4" or so. I called it Black Hole, after the limitations it only cost 54 character points, but it costs the NPC 27 END to use so it's a one shot deal lol