Location, Location, Location (Teleport Rules Mod)

Dr.Device

I have often felt that the fixed and floating locations for the Teleport power don't offer enough flexibility to represent the abilities I have seen in fiction, or would like to give to my own characters. As a result I have come up with the following expanded version of the memorized location concept.

Costs in between those listed could be assigned to fixes of intermediate broadness/usefulness.

Geographical Fixes*

1pt - Any Exact Location

2pt - Any location in a very small, simple area(small house, large apartment, etc.)

3pt - Any location in a small, simple area (large house, small business, etc.)

5pt - Any Location in a small but complex area, or medium-sized simple area (Medium-sized Office Building, Stadium, Park etc.)

7pt - A Large area (a small town or a city block sized office building)

10pt - A City

15pt - A Country

20pt - Anywhere the character has been

30pt - Anywhere the character can specify in geographic terms

*The character may only safely teleport to places within the chosen area which he has visited or seen in person. So for 10 points he could teleport to any location he has visited in New York, but he could not teleport into the warehouse he has never entered or looked into without risking a blind teleport.

Personal Fixes

2pt - Any one person.

3pt - Any very small group (2-5) of associated people (small family, small superteam, closest friends, etc.)

5pt - Any small group of (6-12) of associated people (family, large superteam, small sports team, close friends, etc.)

10pt - Any medium sized group of less than fifty of associated people (extended family, preofessional sports team, friends, etc.)

20pt - Any person well known to the character

30pt - Any person the charcter has ever met [stop]

Object Fixes

2pt - Any specific object

5pt - Any small group of very closely related objects

10pt - Any group of very closely related objects

Conceptual fixes

5pt - A singular concept (the nearest fire, the tallest tree within range, the last place I teleported from, the other end of this phone call, the spot I last memorized)

10pt - A collective concept (any known mirror in range, anyplace I have teleported from)