Transfer, with continuous, charges

bigdamnhero

Question

Hi Steve,

A power armor PC wants a Transfer power to steal energy from powersuit villains and other electrical sources. But I'm confusing myself on how Continuous and charges interact with one another. Here's the basic idea:

Power Hungry
: Transfer 3d6 (END Reserve to END reserve), Limited Range (+1/4), Continuous (+1) (101 Active Points); 4 Charges (-1), Limited Power Electrical Power Only (-1/2), OIF (Suit, -1/2) [29 Real Cost]

1. Does this build allow him to continue transferring power over multiple phases on one charge? Or would subsequent phases use up additional charges?

2. If the latter, do I need to also make the Charges Continuing as well? And if so, what does Continuous (on the power, not the Charges) really buy me?

3. Is it legal to buy Continuing Charges without making the Power itself Continuous?

Thanks for your time, as always.

1 answer to this question

Re: Transfer, with continuous, charges

I think the next to last paragraph in the right column on 5ER 284, plus the rules on Continuing Charges on 5ER 285, cover this situation. If after reviewing that information you still have questions, please post a follow-up. ;)