I DISBELIEVE YOUR REALITY! OR The couch is really there!

Adventus

Re: I DISBELIEVE YOUR REALITY! OR The couch is really there!

To add to my earlier comment, what bothers me even more is that, knowing that I don't enjoy having my character mind controlled (or the equivalent in whatever game), I build them with high EGO and some Mental Defense (or the equivalent in whatever game).

And a couple of people in my gaming group give me a hard time for that, complain that I have it on all my PCs, and tell me that they expect me to make my next character "without that stuff for a change".

:mad:

Sounds like there is a disagreement within the group. Let me offer one possible scenariom Maybe some of the other players/GM:

- feel mental powers are/should be part of the game.

- feel that only a certain proportion of the PC's should have mental defenses.

- would like to play a character who has such defenses/whose concept requires such defenses.

- feel they have not been allowed to do so, or have been uncomfortable doing so, because too much of the group would then have those powers, or just want to be "the guy whose schtick includes resistance to mental powers", which only works if other characters are not similarly resistant

such that THEY are not able to play the character THEY want to play because your preferences are not giving them the room to do so.

I'm not saying that IS the case, but it seems one reasonable possibility. Just like, if one guy always plays a Brick, or the Cleric, or whatever niche, the rest of the players have a choice of duplicating that one player's "always has these" abilities, or playing a different type of character. So they never get to play the Brick, or the Cleric, or the guy who is resistant to mental powers unless the guy who ALWAYS has this on his characters plays something different too.

Sounds like there is a disagreement within the group. Let me offer one possible scenariom Maybe some of the other players/GM:

- feel mental powers are/should be part of the game.

- feel that only a certain proportion of the PC's should have mental defenses.

- would like to play a character who has such defenses/whose concept requires such defenses.

- feel they have not been allowed to do so, or have been uncomfortable doing so, because too much of the group would then have those powers, or just want to be "the guy whose schtick includes resistance to mental powers", which only works if other characters are not similarly resistant

such that THEY are not able to play the character THEY want to play because your preferences are not giving them the room to do so.

I'm not saying that IS the case, but it seems one reasonable possibility. Just like, if one guy always plays a Brick, or the Cleric, or whatever niche, the rest of the players have a choice of duplicating that one player's "always has these" abilities, or playing a different type of character. So they never get to play the Brick, or the Cleric, or the guy who is resistant to mental powers unless the guy who ALWAYS has this on his characters plays something different too.

Actually, it pretty much comes down to just "mental powers are part of the game" and "you always have those resistances".