Generic superhero disads?

megaplayboy

I was thinking today about 4 color campaigns and players taking a bunch of psych lims to represent their heroic code of ethics.

Why not just have one generic psych lim, varying by campaign?

4 Color Heroic Code:

won't kill

respects the law

protects the innocent

always keeps their word

patriotic

Very common, strong or total: 20-25 points

Given that this is basically a convention of the classic 4-color genre, I think even this is pretty generous. It's not really as much of a disad if it's expected behavior.:D

I would think that it would be more of a disad if it were expected behavior, because the villains would (and should!) make their plans around it. Take that 'protects the innocent'. With Iron Age heroes, you can't always expect them to drop the chase on you if you collapse a wall on a small child; they just may not care (stupid modern-era anti-heroes). The villain in a 4-color/Golden Age/Silver Age style game knows DARN well that that trick will work 9 times out of 10 (the other time being when another hero is teaming up with the first, so one can stop the wall while another gives chase).

So, it would be feasible to take the Code Of The Four Color Hero psych lim, with a Reputation of Four Color Hero ... it's like, everybody knows Superman is the ultimate boy scout.