Looking for OLD online write up

knightofpholtus

I remember YEARS ago that one of the guys I played with had a setting write up that he got off some website or forum.

It was a huge write up about Extra Dimensional travel and dealt with the "Spaces in between" or something pretty close to that. It have a very call of Cthulhu vibe to it. I was hoping that it's till out there somewhere on the big bad internets and that someone here could point me in the right direction to find it. I tried a "Google Skill Check" but rolled shitty.

thanks for any help that anyone could give me.

Re: Looking for OLD online write up

Could you give us a few more details? I have a couple of possibilities in mind' date=' but what you provided is still too vague to narrow it down. :)[/quote']

Here was some of the details I do remember.

It when into great detail about traveling from one dimension to another. The set up was that there are spaces in between. Character could get stuck in these spaces in between, and there were creatures that live in these gaps. The whole set up was to make dimensional travel more dangerous. This would have been during the "Big Blue Book" era.

I know that's not a lot to go on. Wish I could remember more details, but it must be at least 12 to 15 years old at this point.

Re: Looking for OLD online write up

Ah, okay! I'm willing to bet you're referring to Wayne Shaw's marvelous Lords of the Way campaign setting, for Fourth Edition HERO. The Lovecraft emphasis you gave threw me a bit, because the "Spaces Between" are a relatively small part of the setting, although admittedly the Haunters of the Spaces Between and their ruler, the Dweller Between, do have that Lovecraft vibe. However, IMO the setting is much more inspired by the series of novels about "Amber" by Roger Zelazny, and Philip Jose Farmer's "World of Tiers" series.

In any case, the playtest manuscripts were originally posted to the grand old Hero Games online BBS, Red October. Shelley Chrystal Mactyre maintains the RO archives on her website, and the Lords of the Way material is still there as free downloadable ZIPped Text files. Just go to http://www.mactyre.net/october/HEROTEST/Files.html and click on LOTW.ZIP and LOTWCAMP.ZIP . Those will give you the campaign background, ground rules including all the dimensional travel stuff, adventure scenarios, and a whole bunch of fully-statted NPCs.