Teen Champion Concept

yamamura

All right this one might be a little on the strange side and is still rough but bear with me. The concept is a teacher who gained the ability to transform into his 15 year old self. Now the 15 year has no memories past his current age and is confused why it is suddenly 20 years in the future. But he is taking the opportunity to be cool in his new school. He also has fallen for one of the popular girls at school, a 17year old by the name of Becky. He also has cool time altering powers that he needs to learn to control better.

The adult version had come to the school to help his younger self with his powers and maybe find a way to cure his unique situation. The headmaster has assigned him only a few classes to teach so that the younger version can attend classes and also adjust to his powers. Of course for him, he does have memories of what his younger self does though it as if from 20 years later. This has had two effects on him. First of he is considered one of the cooler teacher as he seems to know about what current teens are into. Secondly he finds himself looking at Becky as a memory of his first crush and tends to be nice to her. Unfortunately Becky who considers boys her age childish has a crush on the adult version (and totally uninterested in the 15 year old version). Which is of course her crush is only encouraged by him being so nice. The adult version would never consider doing anything that would not be a proper teacher-student relationship.

It is a little on the strange side and I just want to get some feed back before I use the character.

Re: Teen Champion Concept

This sounds extremely fun, in not more than a little bit confusing to play. One thing you may want to ask is why does the older incarnation of himself allow Becky to have a crush on him, if he has the memories of his seventeen year old self. This is not to say anything pervy beyond, I know I would help myself out in this one unless there is some weird space time paradoxy thing to deal with.

Will you be playing both incarnations of the character or will your GM be controlling the grown incarnation?

Actually I am the GM and will be running the dual as an NPC. As for the crush, on some level he is aware of it but I figure not on a conscious level. So he views it as her as just an interested student. One thing I do want to mention he is dealing with dual pasts as his 15 year old self is making new memories.

One thing I do want to mention he is dealing with dual pasts as his 15 year old self is making new memories.

So, even though he remembers things he does as his 15 year-old (15yo) self, he thinks they are actually memories of events from 20 years ago? Or does he know they're current memories? Your OP sounds like the former, in which case does he even realize he has this ability?

Is there some sort of trigger for the changes? If the 15yo knows nothing of the 35yo, I can't see the change being at will, at least from young to old.

Since the 15yo has no memories of his older self, he probably goes by his same name, which would raise potential problems, unless he was named after his father and his dad taught HS as well. Well, he could have a common last name (Mr. Smith) and perhaps one of those first names where the nickname is different from the formal version (i.e Billy vs. William). Then, people may not make the connection.

So, even though he remembers things he does as his 15 year-old (15yo) self, he thinks they are actually memories of events from 20 years ago? Or does he know they're current memories? Your OP sounds like the former, in which case does he even realize he has this ability?

Is there some sort of trigger for the changes? If the 15yo knows nothing of the 35yo, I can't see the change being at will, at least from young to old.

Since the 15yo has no memories of his older self, he probably goes by his same name, which would raise potential problems, unless he was named after his father and his dad taught HS as well. Well, he could have a common last name (Mr. Smith) and perhaps one of those first names where the nickname is different from the formal version (i.e Billy vs. William). Then, people may not make the connection.

Good points Bolo. The best way I am going with is that the memories feel like they are 20 years old and have been shaped by time. A little faded and more golden then what they are really. Hmm 20 years ago was yesterday. I think I will go with the nickname and common last name. At the very least people would assume they are related. The campaign I am running has super powers just dawning. Therefore it may be a while before people begin to assume anything fantastic.

The reasons what triggers the change I am still working on. I figure the Teacher has much better control then his younger self but with times that he changes out of control or why would he care about gaining better control. He could just keep his younger self locked away.

Since his older self is aware, couldn't he just have an alias in his older form? Also, I think he should set up some things to make life easier/better/cooler for his young alter-ego. Booking things that his young self couldn't get and leaving himself a note explaining that it's from 'an anonymous patron'.