Magic

Extra-Dimensional stuff

Government Liasons

Working with "Amateurs"

Super-powered people operating in Gotham

Getting too involved with a lot of people

Too many people being in the Cave.

Etc., etc., etc.

Now, how many of those things would your campaign include?

I'm not trying to shoot you down, I'm just saying Batman would

not be involved in this, and I feel you should pull him out of

this situation. But, that's just my 1/50 of a dollar.

Hi all,

The Extra-Dimensional stuff is gone. The federal liaisons are not watching Batman, trying to discover something about him for their agencies. If he knows they're there, he hasn't let on.

In the second Batman Animated series, the one with Superman, Batman meets occult expert Jason Blood, the host of the demon Etrigan. Batman considers him an expert on occult and magic and has no reason not to trust him. Jason told Batman about the Slayer (as in Buffy). Batman met her once, while investigating a mass murder. "Vampires," the Slayer, an athletic-looking black woman with braided, black hair that hugged her skull. "With this many bodies in one place, it looks like we have a nest somewhere."

"You're the expert here," Batman said, noting that she wore black motorcycle leathers combat boots and leather gloves and had a black backpack on. "Jason Blood told me how to check them. I'll make sure the morgue people make sure none turn into vampires."

"Good." With that, she slipped into the shadows.

The Bat Team concept comes from the Batman RPG book, a supliment for the second edition of Mayfairs DC Heroes RPG. In it, Batman, wondering who would protect Gotham if something happens to him, Robin, Nightwing and Batgirl creates the Bat Team. They're a group of novice heroes that he selects and trains. He knows their identities and they know those of his senior associates. He provides them with a well-paying job, in their field, with Wayne Enterprises, that doesn't take up too much time, and makes arrangements for their quarters in a middle-class neighborhood. They have to report to the Batcave at 9am each day for training and each night for patrol. Chrissy and the nurse live in Wayne Manor as Bruce's guests and change clothes in their Batcave quarters, which is about the size of a hotel room with two twin beds. Since Chrissy drives a race car for fun (in SCCA-sanctioned amateur events), she keeps her car, trailer and motorhome in Bruce's garage.

Remember, voting deadline is 6PM Eastern time this coming Monday. Thank you for your attention.

Yours,

Mark Rand

Hi all,

About 20 minutes ago it occurred to me that the PCs could be a superhero team working out of PRIMUS Gotham.

One heroine is a mage and they use her house as an informal base. That's where the gateway to the other reality is.

Batman isn't happy. Does PRIMUS care? No. Silver Avenger Mariko Namura has threatened to throw him into a cage if he tries to interfere.

The voting deadline is now 6PM Eastern on Wednesday, September 24.

Yours,

Mark Rand

Hi all,

About 20 minutes ago it occurred to me that the PCs could be a superhero team working out of PRIMUS Gotham.

One heroine is a mage and they use her house as an informal base. That's where the gateway to the other reality is.

Batman isn't happy. Does PRIMUS care? No. Silver Avenger Mariko Namura has threatened to throw him into a cage if he tries to interfere.

The voting deadline is now 6PM Eastern on Wednesday, September 24.

Yours,

Mark Rand

Hi all,

The polls are closed. Here are the votes.

Colorado City, Colorado...0

Gotham City, New Jersey...1

Las Vegas, Nevada...0

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania...1

San Angelo, California...0

Washington, D.C...0

Gotham City and Pittsburgh are tied. I'll use a d10 to decide what city gets one more vote and the win. Gotham City gets odd. Pittsburgh gets even. Here we go. Four. Pittsburgh gets an additional point and the win.

Thank you all for your wonderful comments and votes.

Look for a new thread, Need help with Pittsburgh 5E, soon.

Yours,

Mark Rand

Hi all,

The last post was to be the final one. However, there was one thing I forgot to tell you about this version of Batman. He has met Dr. Arcane, this universe's Archmage, knows that magic exists and, since he understands, from their talks, some of the principles, he's not afraid of it. He just can't do it.

He's also willing to work with other people, including liaisons. However, they must prove themselves to him before he'll trust them.

Watch the movie "Batman and Robin", if you can. You'll get an idea of his character. The only change from that movie is Batgirl's costume. She'd use the black and gold costume that Barbara Gordon wore in the comics.

Yours (looking for a way out of the Batcave),

Mark Rand

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Although I'm working on Pittsburgh 5E, I think a Batman campaign is possible, if one can counter Batman's "I make the rules" style. I'm thinking of an Elseworlds Batman campaign, in the Batman movie universe, after the fourth movie.

Batman has started, and is training, a team of novice heroes to protect Gotham if something happens to him. As part of the deal, he provides them with apartments and positions at Wayne Enterprises that don't require much of their time.

He is willing to work with liaisons, provided they meet his requirements and prove trustworthy. So far, the only one who has is a female NSA agent that plays by his rules.

He knows magic exists but uses it as little as possible. So far, all he permits are two gateways, one allowing the liaison to get to her apartment (it's keyed only to her) and the one leading to a pocket reality where buildings from Earths where people have died out are. He also, knowing that vampires, demons and other undead exist, lets the Slayer deal with them.

Aside from Alfred, his support staff consists of a mother-daughter team. The mother'is a nurse who still wears white uniforms and a cap. The daughter's an electronics engineer who is also an expert with vehicles. Their cover is that of Bruce's houseguests. As part of that, they're both involved in amateur motorsports. The daughter races a Ford Probe in the SCCA's GT-3 class and drives the pace car at a track Bruce ownes. Her mother crews for her.

Yours,

Mark Rand

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Here's my current idea. Batman (Bruce Wayne) and Robin (Tim Drake) were trying to climb a building that a killer was in when the building explodes. Batman's suffered a stroke and had most of his bones shattered, Robin's dead and a someone removed their masks.

Now it's up to Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) and Nightwing (Dick Grayson), who were on another case, to keep Gotham City safe. How would they proceed?

Yours,

Mark Rand