Hellgate London Game

Shikarr

Has anybody thought of doing a port of this RPG/MMO over to Hero and if so what have you come up with so far? My friends like the history and general stuff of the game and would like me to run one similar so I am starting on working up something but I wanted to check here and see if anyone else had done something on it also.

Thanks in Advance

Re: Hellgate London Game

Has anybody thought of doing a port of this RPG/MMO over to Hero and if so what have you come up with so far? My friends like the history and general stuff of the game and would like me to run one similar so I am starting on working up something but I wanted to check here and see if anyone else had done something on it also.

Thanks in Advance

I doubt anybody has done anything with it. I love the opening movie/intro but the game gets a little repetitive. I would say that if you posted each monster's description and general abilities you would get a lot of help in whipping up some stats.

I flirted with the idea briefly but decided to go with my own PA Dark Fantasy setting instead.

It shouldn't be too hard to convert the various abilities, just time consuming. I'd suggest that most characters should have Multipowers to represent the frequency with which they gain new skills and powers.

My problem isn't the monsters those are fairly easy to recreat in hero except perhaps the orbiles and such as that. The main problem at least in my mind whether it truly is or not is the character clases and such. The Templar are fairly easy, The Marksman and Evokers also although the armor and shield combo thing is not working out as well as I hoped. So if someone would give me an idea on a better way perhaps to do the shields an armor for the characters that would help or at least your take on it. It would give me another perspective at least.

...although the armor and shield combo thing is not working out as well as I hoped.
The shields are one of the toughest things to model in HERO, as they provide absolute defense until they are worn out. I've seen that sort of thing modeled as extra BODY and Regeneration for the extra body only.

Armor is just that. You sort of have to fake it in terms of armor value.