Cumulative and Suppress

Prometheus

My players and I are a bit confused on the use of the Power Advantage Cumulative with the Suppress Power.

The description for Suppress describes it as open ended and cumulative (page 145), which would leave no reason to add Cumulative to the power. The Adjustment Powers text, however, cites Suppress as a power that might use Cumulative (page 75). Similarly, Drain is used in a sidebar example for Cumulative in the Power Advantages section (page 163), despite the fact that the FAQ disallows the pairing (Drain is already open ended).

Is this all a big mix up, or are open ended Adjustment Powers usable with the Cumulative Advantage? And if so, what is the effect?

Re: Cumulative and Suppress

Originally posted by Prometheus

My players and I are a bit confused on the use of the Power Advantage Cumulative with the Suppress Power.

The description for Suppress describes it as open ended and cumulative (page 145), which would leave no reason to add Cumulative to the power. The Adjustment Powers text, however, cites Suppress as a power that might use Cumulative (page 75). Similarly, Drain is used in a sidebar example for Cumulative in the Power Advantages section (page 163), despite the fact that the FAQ disallows the pairing (Drain is already open ended).

Is this all a big mix up, or are open ended Adjustment Powers usable with the Cumulative Advantage? And if so, what is the effect?

If no one else replies, you might want to pose this question to Steve Long in his forum. As for me, my answer is "Ya got me stumped."