Help with cost of travel.

LordGhee

Sirs,

I am creating a scenario for my friends that are running a 1907, pulp game. I have a sears catalog so clothing, guns ect are priced. but I need help with cost of travel.

dose any one have information for ship and rail tickets cost for

England

USA

other

during

thanks

Lord Ghee

Re: Help with cost of travel.

Well

in 1930 teachers made 1200 in 1905 300 (or 40 dollars a month when working)

Twenty years change things and since we are using sears catalog reprint as a base the need for info

congress 8500 in 30 7500 in !907 (they got a pay raise).

Lord Ghee

oh found out in Va. 3 cents a mile in a court case!

Pulp HERO, page 144 onward talks in detail about transportation costs. Pages 334-338 cover the costs of a number of items.

Use the lists of costs, compared to the costs you know of, to get a ballpark estimate of inflation/rise in costs. Apply the inverse to page 144 ff cost of transportation to guess the cost of transportation in ~1907.

BTW, this isn't a telegram; you aren't paying for each word. :D Complete sentences would be a lot easier to understand. :D

Also you can use the Pulp Hero book's prices and go to the following site http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl

it is a cpi (inflation calculator) and calculate based the cost (assuming NO change in the base price of good/service between 1913 and 1935).

It only goes to 1913, sorry.

A dollar in 1913 is roughly equal due to inflation to $1.38 in 1935.:drink:

• 6 months later...

I'm not sure how much this will help you but there's a really handy online resource that converts money from different time periods, adjusting it for inflation. So you could estimate costs based on that: a train ticket costing x today costs y in z time period, for example.

The Inflation Calculator is pretty easy to use and is a handy tool for historical games. It goes back to 1800.