Followup: You are subscribed to this thread CE and Activation (burn out) Rolls

jaws

Question

Hopefully this gets you before the operation as a large part of the powers I'm developing could potentially be affected by it.

Let me rephrase the question. I am not looking for CE to add an Activation roll on a power that doesn't have one. So here goes the question.

IF a power does have an activation roll. Could CE potentially trigger the activation roll and/or even apply penalties to it?

A more specific example. Weapons with high auto fire rates that overheat and Burnout if too many shots are fired.

Banshee Gamma: RKA 3d6 (vs. PD), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1), Autofire (19 shots; +1 1/2); STR Minimum (STR Min. Cannot Add/Subtract Damage; -1 1/4), OAF (-1), Activation 11-, Burnout (-3/4), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Beam (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4)

VS

Mine that releases heatwaves causing the weapon to overheat anyway.

Overheat: CE 2" radius, -3 to Jam Roll for weapons; Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), OAF Expendable (Easy to obtain new Focus; Techmine; -1), Instant (-1/2), Requires A Decyption Roll (-1/2), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), Range Based On STR (-1/4)

Possibly add some temperature raising levels to better represent the over heating but that's just SE.

1 answer to this question