Smith

jkwleisemann

Re: Smith

Thanks!

Dr. Thomas Wright, AKA Smith - inspired by the Protomen's new single, Father of Death.

[b]Smith[/b]
[b]Val**Char**Cost**Roll**Notes[/b]
8/58****STR*****-2******11- / 21-****Lift 75.8kg/77.6tons; 1 1/2d6/11 1/2d6 [1/6]
10/20****DEX*****0******11- / 13-****OCV:**3/7/DCV:**3/7
8/28****CON*****-4******11- / 15-
8****BODY****-4******11-
30****INT*******20******15-****PER Roll 15-
20****EGO*****20******13-****ECV:**7
20****PRE******10******13-****PRE Attack:**4d6
14****COM*****2******12-

2/29****PD*********0******Total:**2/29 PD (0/17 rPD)
2/23****ED*********0******Total:**2/23 ED (0/17 rED)
4/5****SPD*******10******Phases:  3, 6, 9, 12/3, 5, 8, 10, 12
4/18****REC*******0
24/64****END*****4
20/55****STUN***4******[b]Total Characteristic Cost:**60[/b]

[b]Movement:[/b]
Running:**6"/12"
Flight:**10"/20"
Leaping:**1"/2"
Swimming:**2"/4"
Tunneling:**9"/18"

[b]Cost**Powers**END[/b]
**Cyber-neural Enhancement Systems, all slots OIF (-1/2)
33**1)  +50 STR (50 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 5
20**2)  +10 DEX (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
27**3)  +20 CON (40 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
7**4)  +1 SPD (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
11**5)  [i]Combat HUD:[/i]**+2 with All Combat (16 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
**Defensive Systems, all slots OIF (-1/2)
24**1)  [i]Vanadium Alloy-Plate:[/i]**Armor (12 PD/12 ED) (36 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
4**2)  [i]Psi-screening:[/i]**Mental Defense (10 points total) (6 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
7**3)  [i]Sensory Baffles:[/i]**Sight Group Flash Defense (5 points), Hearing Defense also (+1) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
10**4)  [i]Defensive Screen:[/i]**Force Field (5 PD/5 ED/5 Power Defense) (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 1
7**5)  [i]inertial Amplifier:[/i]**Knockback Resistance -5" (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
2**6)  [i]Reinforced Plating:[/i]**Lack Of Weakness (-3) for Resistant Defenses (3 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
13**7)  Life Support  (Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
20**[i]Defensive Holdout Blaster:[/i]**Energy Blast 8d6 (40 Active Points); IAF (-1/2), 8 Charges (-1/2) [8]
40**[i]Variable Systems:[/i]**Multipower, 60-point reserve,  (60 Active Points); all slots OIF (-1/2)
3u**1)  [i]Palm Blaster:[/i]**Energy Blast 8d6 (40 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 4
1u**2)  [i]Jetpack:[/i]**Flight 10" (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 2
4u**3)  [i]Breaching Cannon:[/i]**Tunneling 9" through 14 DEF material (60 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 6
4u**4)  [i]Chest Cannon:[/i]**Energy Blast 12d6 (60 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 6
2u**5)  [i]Integrated Projection System:[/i]**Sight and Hearing Groups Images 1" radius, +/-5 to PER Rolls (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 3
2u**6)  [i]Tangleweb Launcher:[/i]**Entangle 4d6, 4 DEF (40 Active Points); 8 Charges (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) [8]
3u**7)  [i]Sensory Inhibitor:[/i]**Sight and Hearing Groups Flash 7d6 (40 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 4
2u**8)  [i]Point Defense System:[/i]**Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates; Targetted by physical ranged attacks while active; +1) (40 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Only against Physical Missiles; -1/2), OIF (-1/2)
[b]Perks[/b]
1**[i]Licensing Fees:[/i]**Money:  Well Off
[b]Skills[/b]
3**Electronics 15-
3**Inventor 15-
3**Mechanics 15-
3**Scientist
2**1)  SS:  AI Heuristics 15- (3 Active Points)
2**2)  SS:  Applied Quantum Physics 15- (3 Active Points)
2**3)  SS:  Metallurgy 15- (3 Active Points)
2**4)  SS:  Physics 15- (3 Active Points)
2**5)  SS:  Robotics 15- (3 Active Points)
10**Computer Programming (Computer Networks, Hacking and Computer Security, Personal Computers, Artificial Intelligence, Mainframes and Supercomputers) 15-
2**Weaponsmith (Energy Weapons) 15-
3**Armorsmith 11- (13-)
3**Demolitions 15-
3**Security Systems 15-
0**AK: Home country or region 8-
0**Acting 8-
0**Climbing 8-
0**Concealment 8-
0**Conversation 8-
0**Deduction 8-
0**Native Language:  English (idiomatic; Literate) (4 Active Points)
0**PS: Robotics Engineer (Everyman Skill) 11-
0**Paramedics 8-
0**Persuasion 8-
0**Shadowing 8-
0**Stealth 8-
0**TF: Small Motorized Ground Vehicles 

[b]Total Powers & Skill Cost:**290
Total Cost:**350[/b]

[b]200+ Disadvantages[/b]
20**Normal Characteristic Maxima
10**Age:  60+
25**Hunted:  Mechanon 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)
15**Social Limitation:  Secret ID (Frequently, Major)
15**Dependent NPC:  Emily (long-term girlfriend) 11- (Normal)
10**Social Limitation:  Dark Secret:  Created Mechanon (Occasionally, Major)
15**Psychological Limitation:  Hopes to Destroy Mechanon (Common, Strong)
10**Psychological Limitation:  Distrusts AI's (Uncommon, Strong)
15**Susceptibility:  Strong Magnetic Fields 1d6 damage per Phase (Uncommon)
5**Unluck: 1d6
0**Dependence:  Smith armor requires maintenance Powers Gain 14- Activation Roll (Very Common, 1 Day)
10**Recovering Alcoholic:  (Common, Moderate)

[b]Total Disadvantage Points:**350[/b]

Background/History: Dr. Thomas Wright looked over the havoc wrought by yet another attack by Mechanon, trying desperately not to react visibly. How many scenes like this had he seen? How many times had he watched that monster kill and maim... how many times had good, brave men and women risked, or lost, their lives trying to stop him?

Not just superheroes either... Mechanon seemed to have something personal against first responders. Probably the fact that they tried to save organic lives. For more than 20 years, Mechanon had been wreaking havoc, killing people by the hundreds, and hoping to do so by the billions.

And it was all Wright's fault.

Dr. Destroyer's debut had shown Wright that there were threats out there that needed to be put down like mad dogs. The brilliant roboticist had set out to create a robot that could stand against the Destroyer, unlike the dozens of heroes who always managed to barely beat him back. Mechanon would be technologically perfect, capable of going toe-to-toe with Destroyer, and of overriding the madman's robots. A brilliant, self-programming mind would give him the ability to adapt to new strategies... and the ability to decide to kill Destroyer, rather than bring him in, if it was necessary. Everything that Wright cared for - that the world cared for - was at stake, so he comforted himself with the knowledge that his creation would be the one deciding to take the steps necessary to save the world, and countless innocent lives, by doing what other heroes would not.

All in all, it had seemed brilliant... until Mechanon decided that Destroyer wasn't the only human who needed to be killed. Somewhere along the line, his hyper-advanced mind had decided that organic life was a plague on the face of the Earth, and he'd reprogrammed himself to have no compunctions about killing, period. He'd taken his time about it, too... improving his own body, and pretending to be hunting down Destroyer as he built his own network of resources. Then, one day, he went out to 'perform his mission.' Wright hadn't thought a thing about it... he'd actually felt proud! His greatest creation, going out to help the world, to ensure the safety of everything he cared for.

Then he saw his creation turn against all of humanity.

In the nearly thirty years since, Thomas Wright's life has been a living Hell. Nobody knows his role in creating one of the few beings worse than the Destroyer, except for his long-time girlfriend, Emily. She'd found him drinking heavily after Mechanon's 'debut,' and stayed with him despite the alcoholism that he'd sunk into afterwards, even when he finally confessed to what he'd done. She'd been the only bright spot in his life, and eventually helped him crawl out of the hole he'd dug himself in the intervening time. Eventually, she even helped him realize what he needed to do.

Dr. Thomas Wright, roboticist, sold several of his patents... and built one more robot, one that he *knew* couldn't go wrong.

Because he'd be inside of it.

Now, Dr. Wright is preparing to try and set right what he's done. Destroy Mechanon... and then fulfill his original directive, by stopping the Destroyer.

That Wright is almost sixty and climbing into a battlesuit to do the job of a young man makes no difference... if he doesn't do this, then his entire life will have been a failure.

One that could doom all organic life on the Earth.

Personality/Motivation: Dr. Thomas Wright used to be one of the up-and-coming geniuses of the robotics movement... then, in the 80's, he created Mechanon. While nobody knows his secret yet, he fears the day when it is revealed... but more importantly, he is filled with guilt and self-loathing for his failure. The programming he had given Mechanon, the ability to think for himself, turned into a hatred of all organic life, not just the life he'd been built to fight. As a result of Mechanon's flaws, Wright fell into alcoholism for the better part of twenty years, surviving on his old patents and his girlfriend's almost unending patience.

Now, he's redirected his self-hatred into a distrust of artificial intelligences in general, and a desire to see his 'prodigal son' destroyed, or at least erased. He's used his fading skills to build the Smith armor, though he doesn't have nearly the resources he used to. As a result, his armor isn't nearly potent enough to actually do what he wants it to... but he hopes to improve it over time, as he learns just what new tricks Mechanon and Destroyer both have up their sleeves.

And as his own skills improve to the point where he can actually use them again, along with new ones he picks up along the way... like the skill with explosives that he's learned, just in case the time comes when he either needs to disable a bomb left behind by Mechanon, or plant one on the monstrosity.

Quote: "Cars that drive themselves? Think I'll walk."

Powers/Tactics: The Smith armor is remarkably versatile, though not as powerful as many other suits in its 'weight class.' He can fly and fight at the same time, but his most powerful weapon - his chest blaster - takes so much out of his systems that he loses power to his other 'variable systems' every time he fires it. Since this includes his jetpack, he tries to land before using it.

Most people aren't expecting him to be almost 60 - and 'old' for his age, thanks to his old alcoholism - inside his armor, but he's reasonably useful outside of it too. He doesn't have the same abilities he does with the full enhancements of his suit's neural interface, but he's still got his skills - and, just in case, a small blaster he's designed to be concealable inside his coat (though he doesn't have a license to carry concealed, it hasn't come up yet.)

Campaign Use:

Appearance: Dr. Wright is a short, somewhat overweight man in his late 50's, with a thick white beard and receding hairline. He usually wears a dark suit when he's out 'on the town,' which is slowly getting increasingly threadbare since he hasn't replaced it in almost a decade.

As Smith, his armor conceals his paunch and makes him look much taller, being styled off a traditional suit of medieval plate mail with a helmet styled after depictions of Hephaestus. He wears his beard 'tied back' inside, the burnished bronze color of his suit glinting in the sun.

Re: Smith

Thanks!

Dr. Thomas Wright, AKA Smith - inspired by the Protomen's new single, Father of Death.

[b]Smith[/b]
[b]Val**Char**Cost**Roll**Notes[/b]
8/58****STR*****-2******11- / 21-****Lift 75.8kg/77.6tons; 1 1/2d6/11 1/2d6 [1/6]
10/20****DEX*****0******11- / 13-****OCV:**3/7/DCV:**3/7
8/28****CON*****-4******11- / 15-
8****BODY****-4******11-
30****INT*******20******15-****PER Roll 15-
20****EGO*****20******13-****ECV:**7
20****PRE******10******13-****PRE Attack:**4d6
14****COM*****2******12-

2/29****PD*********0******Total:**2/29 PD (0/17 rPD)
2/23****ED*********0******Total:**2/23 ED (0/17 rED)
4/5****SPD*******10******Phases:  3, 6, 9, 12/3, 5, 8, 10, 12
4/18****REC*******0
24/64****END*****4
20/55****STUN***4******[b]Total Characteristic Cost:**60[/b]

[b]Movement:[/b]
Running:**6"/12"
Flight:**10"/20"
Leaping:**1"/2"
Swimming:**2"/4"
Tunneling:**9"/18"

[b]Cost**Powers**END[/b]
**Cyber-neural Enhancement Systems, all slots OIF (-1/2)
33**1)  +50 STR (50 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 5
20**2)  +10 DEX (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
27**3)  +20 CON (40 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
7**4)  +1 SPD (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
11**5)  [i]Combat HUD:[/i]**+2 with All Combat (16 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
**Defensive Systems, all slots OIF (-1/2)
24**1)  [i]Vanadium Alloy-Plate:[/i]**Armor (12 PD/12 ED) (36 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
4**2)  [i]Psi-screening:[/i]**Mental Defense (10 points total) (6 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
7**3)  [i]Sensory Baffles:[/i]**Sight Group Flash Defense (5 points), Hearing Defense also (+1) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
10**4)  [i]Defensive Screen:[/i]**Force Field (5 PD/5 ED/5 Power Defense) (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 1
7**5)  [i]inertial Amplifier:[/i]**Knockback Resistance -5" (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
2**6)  [i]Reinforced Plating:[/i]**Lack Of Weakness (-3) for Resistant Defenses (3 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
13**7)  Life Support  (Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
20**[i]Defensive Holdout Blaster:[/i]**Energy Blast 8d6 (40 Active Points); IAF (-1/2), 8 Charges (-1/2) [8]
40**[i]Variable Systems:[/i]**Multipower, 60-point reserve,  (60 Active Points); all slots OIF (-1/2)
3u**1)  [i]Palm Blaster:[/i]**Energy Blast 8d6 (40 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 4
1u**2)  [i]Jetpack:[/i]**Flight 10" (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 2
4u**3)  [i]Breaching Cannon:[/i]**Tunneling 9" through 14 DEF material (60 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 6
4u**4)  [i]Chest Cannon:[/i]**Energy Blast 12d6 (60 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 6
2u**5)  [i]Integrated Projection System:[/i]**Sight and Hearing Groups Images 1" radius, +/-5 to PER Rolls (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 3
2u**6)  [i]Tangleweb Launcher:[/i]**Entangle 4d6, 4 DEF (40 Active Points); 8 Charges (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) [8]
3u**7)  [i]Sensory Inhibitor:[/i]**Sight and Hearing Groups Flash 7d6 (40 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 4
2u**8)  [i]Point Defense System:[/i]**Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates; Targetted by physical ranged attacks while active; +1) (40 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Only against Physical Missiles; -1/2), OIF (-1/2)
[b]Perks[/b]
1**[i]Licensing Fees:[/i]**Money:  Well Off
[b]Skills[/b]
3**Electronics 15-
3**Inventor 15-
3**Mechanics 15-
3**Scientist
2**1)  SS:  AI Heuristics 15- (3 Active Points)
2**2)  SS:  Applied Quantum Physics 15- (3 Active Points)
2**3)  SS:  Metallurgy 15- (3 Active Points)
2**4)  SS:  Physics 15- (3 Active Points)
2**5)  SS:  Robotics 15- (3 Active Points)
10**Computer Programming (Computer Networks, Hacking and Computer Security, Personal Computers, Artificial Intelligence, Mainframes and Supercomputers) 15-
2**Weaponsmith (Energy Weapons) 15-
3**Armorsmith 11- (13-)
3**Demolitions 15-
3**Security Systems 15-
0**AK: Home country or region 8-
0**Acting 8-
0**Climbing 8-
0**Concealment 8-
0**Conversation 8-
0**Deduction 8-
0**Native Language:  English (idiomatic; Literate) (4 Active Points)
0**PS: Robotics Engineer (Everyman Skill) 11-
0**Paramedics 8-
0**Persuasion 8-
0**Shadowing 8-
0**Stealth 8-
0**TF: Small Motorized Ground Vehicles 

[b]Total Powers & Skill Cost:**290[/b]
[b]Total Cost:**350[/b]

[b]200+ Disadvantages[/b]
20**Normal Characteristic Maxima
10**Age:  60+
25**Hunted:  Mechanon 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)
15**Social Limitation:  Secret ID (Frequently, Major)
15**Dependent NPC:  Emily (long-term girlfriend) 11- (Normal)
10**Social Limitation:  Dark Secret:  Created Mechanon (Occasionally, Major)
15**Psychological Limitation:  Hopes to Destroy Mechanon (Common, Strong)
10**Psychological Limitation:  Distrusts AI's (Uncommon, Strong)
15**Susceptibility:  Strong Magnetic Fields 1d6 damage per Phase (Uncommon)
5**Unluck: 1d6
0**Dependence:  Smith armor requires maintenance Powers Gain 14- Activation Roll (Very Common, 1 Day)
10**Recovering Alcoholic:  (Common, Moderate)

[b]Total Disadvantage Points:**350[/b]

Background/History: Dr. Thomas Wright looked over the havoc wrought by yet another attack by Mechanon, trying desperately not to react visibly. How many scenes like this had he seen? How many times had he watched that monster kill and maim... how many times had good, brave men and women risked, or lost, their lives trying to stop him?

Not just superheroes either... Mechanon seemed to have something personal against first responders. Probably the fact that they tried to save organic lives. For more than 20 years, Mechanon had been wreaking havoc, killing people by the hundreds, and hoping to do so by the billions.

And it was all Wright's fault.

Dr. Destroyer's debut had shown Wright that there were threats out there that needed to be put down like mad dogs. The brilliant roboticist had set out to create a robot that could stand against the Destroyer, unlike the dozens of heroes who always managed to barely beat him back. Mechanon would be technologically perfect, capable of going toe-to-toe with Destroyer, and of overriding the madman's robots. A brilliant, self-programming mind would give him the ability to adapt to new strategies... and the ability to decide to kill Destroyer, rather than bring him in, if it was necessary. Everything that Wright cared for - that the world cared for - was at stake, so he comforted himself with the knowledge that his creation would be the one deciding to take the steps necessary to save the world, and countless innocent lives, by doing what other heroes would not.

All in all, it had seemed brilliant... until Mechanon decided that Destroyer wasn't the only human who needed to be killed. Somewhere along the line, his hyper-advanced mind had decided that organic life was a plague on the face of the Earth, and he'd reprogrammed himself to have no compunctions about killing, period. He'd taken his time about it, too... improving his own body, and pretending to be hunting down Destroyer as he built his own network of resources. Then, one day, he went out to 'perform his mission.' Wright hadn't thought a thing about it... he'd actually felt proud! His greatest creation, going out to help the world, to ensure the safety of everything he cared for.

Then he saw his creation turn against all of humanity.

In the nearly thirty years since, Thomas Wright's life has been a living Hell. Nobody knows his role in creating one of the few beings worse than the Destroyer, except for his long-time girlfriend, Emily. She'd found him drinking heavily after Mechanon's 'debut,' and stayed with him despite the alcoholism that he'd sunk into afterwards, even when he finally confessed to what he'd done. She'd been the only bright spot in his life, and eventually helped him crawl out of the hole he'd dug himself in the intervening time. Eventually, she even helped him realize what he needed to do.

Dr. Thomas Wright, roboticist, sold several of his patents... and built one more robot, one that he *knew* couldn't go wrong.

Because he'd be inside of it.

Now, Dr. Wright is preparing to try and set right what he's done. Destroy Mechanon... and then fulfill his original directive, by stopping the Destroyer.

That Wright is almost sixty and climbing into a battlesuit to do the job of a young man makes no difference... if he doesn't do this, then his entire life will have been a failure.

One that could doom all organic life on the Earth.

Personality/Motivation: Dr. Thomas Wright used to be one of the up-and-coming geniuses of the robotics movement... then, in the 80's, he created Mechanon. While nobody knows his secret yet, he fears the day when it is revealed... but more importantly, he is filled with guilt and self-loathing for his failure. The programming he had given Mechanon, the ability to think for himself, turned into a hatred of all organic life, not just the life he'd been built to fight. As a result of Mechanon's flaws, Wright fell into alcoholism for the better part of twenty years, surviving on his old patents and his girlfriend's almost unending patience.

Now, he's redirected his self-hatred into a distrust of artificial intelligences in general, and a desire to see his 'prodigal son' destroyed, or at least erased. He's used his fading skills to build the Smith armor, though he doesn't have nearly the resources he used to. As a result, his armor isn't nearly potent enough to actually do what he wants it to... but he hopes to improve it over time, as he learns just what new tricks Mechanon and Destroyer both have up their sleeves.

And as his own skills improve to the point where he can actually use them again, along with new ones he picks up along the way... like the skill with explosives that he's learned, just in case the time comes when he either needs to disable a bomb left behind by Mechanon, or plant one on the monstrosity.

Quote: "Cars that drive themselves? Think I'll walk."

Powers/Tactics: The Smith armor is remarkably versatile, though not as powerful as many other suits in its 'weight class.' He can fly and fight at the same time, but his most powerful weapon - his chest blaster - takes so much out of his systems that he loses power to his other 'variable systems' every time he fires it. Since this includes his jetpack, he tries to land before using it.

Most people aren't expecting him to be almost 60 - and 'old' for his age, thanks to his old alcoholism - inside his armor, but he's reasonably useful outside of it too. He doesn't have the same abilities he does with the full enhancements of his suit's neural interface, but he's still got his skills - and, just in case, a small blaster he's designed to be concealable inside his coat (though he doesn't have a license to carry concealed, it hasn't come up yet.)

Campaign Use:

Appearance: Dr. Wright is a short, somewhat overweight man in his late 50's, with a thick white beard and receding hairline. He usually wears a dark suit when he's out 'on the town,' which is slowly getting increasingly threadbare since he hasn't replaced it in almost a decade.

As Smith, his armor conceals his paunch and makes him look much taller, being styled off a traditional suit of medieval plate mail with a helmet styled after depictions of Hephaestus. He wears his beard 'tied back' inside, the burnished bronze color of his suit glinting in the sun.

sounds interesting ,like the name