Town Portals

Blue Jogger

I finally wrote up Town Portal effect to use in my Fantasy game and I thought I would share.

First is the generic Gate effect:

Teleportation 1", Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Continuous (+1), Usable Simultaneously (up to 16 people at once; +1 1/4), MegaScale (Planet) (1" = 100,000 km; +1 1/2), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (12 Active Points); Gate Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (-1/2)

This is worth 8 real points, perhaps rather cheap for the effect. Because of the megascale, the portals must be at least 1 km apart and the destination spot is pre-determined within that 1km "hex". Although if it is blocked or already has a portal, a new portal will appear beside it.

Scroll of Town Portal

Teleportation 1", Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Continuous (+1), Usable Simultaneously (up to 16 people at once; +1 1/4), MegaScale (Planet) (1" = 100,000 km; +1 1/2), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (11 Active Points); OAF Fragile (Scroll of Town Portal; -1 1/4), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Minute (-1), Gate Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (-1/2), Requires Light To Use (-1/4)

This is worth 3 real points. You might want to replace the charges with Cost END only to Activate, this makes it 4 points.

I decided against Waypoints, independent portals that allow anyone to teleport to another city as it would have too many unforeseen effects on commerce, warfare, etc. But, to build one:

Waypoints

Teleportation 1", Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Continuous (+1), Usable Simultaneously (up to 16 people at once; +1 1/4), MegaScale (Planet) (1" = 100,000 km; +1 1/2), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (12 Active Points); Independent (-2), Gate (-1/2); 3 Real points

Has anyone done this (or something similar) in their game and how did it affect game play?