Energy-choking Darkness

Sociotard

I wanted to create a field of darkness that could not only choke energy damage based attacks, it could feed on them and grow. I whipped it up and boy was it expensive! Tell me what you think.

Darkness Seeing and Hearing: $15 6†Radius: $50 (Personal Immunity +¼) [Active $81] (No Range -½) Total Cost: $54

Suppress 3d6: $15 (+1¾ Area of Effect, -½ only size of Darkness Field = +1¼) (+½ all Energy Damage based attacks) (-½ Linked to Darkness) (No Range -½) Total Cost $21

Absorb 3d6: $15 +56 point maximum $28 (+1¾ Area of Effect, -½ only size of Darkness Field = +1¼) (+ 0 Rolls Exactly What Suppression Rolls) (-¼ Linked to Suppress) Total Cost $77.

Total: $152

A few explanations of what I was thinking. The +0 rolls exactly what suppress does a) eliminates a few dice and B) makes a good special effect.

Only size of Darkness field should be clear. I wanted the absorb and suppress to work over the maximum area possible with the darkness (if max absorption is used? 16")

All energy damage based attacks is what I had a hard time with. It's not exactly a special effect, but it covers more than one power (EB, RKA, and even HA and HKA, to name the obvious), so it may be worth more. You tell me.

Re: Energy-choking Darkness

Originally posted by Sociotard

I wanted to create a field of darkness that could not only choke energy damage based attacks, it could feed on them and grow. I whipped it up and boy was it expensive! Tell me what you think.

Darkness Seeing and Hearing: $15 6†Radius: $50 (Personal Immunity +¼) [Active $81] (No Range -½) Total Cost: $54

I think I'm going to make all my players pay for their abilities in $ from now on too! Galactic Champions can't get here soon enough once I make that little change :D