Low End Villain or Henchmen Campaign?

fbdaury

Has anyone ever tried this? Got the idea from the story Henchman from the anthology book The Darker Mask, where the protagonist spends time in the world of the henchman while trying to avoid getting maimed or killed by a complete lunatic a-hole version of Batman called the Night Mare. Just thought that it would be interesting idea for a game and see if anyone has already taken a stab at it.

And, as an aside, I would just recommend the book mentioned above as a source of ideas for a bunch of low-end or slightly off-center Champions campaigns.

Re: Low End Villain or Henchmen Campaign?

This is a kind of campaign that is certainly possible, and it would be fun. Look at Bob Burden's universe for examples of amoral, low-end superpeople running around and having a blast. It's also one wherein you can import the tropes of dungeon-crawling D&D type exploits. If you flip the perception of that sort of campaign, you essentially have a team of bank- and tomb-robbers getting over on the local (monstrous) residents.

Also: Look up Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along

I kid you not

Has anyone ever tried this? Got the idea from the story Henchman from the anthology book The Darker Mask' date=' where the protagonist spends time in the world of the henchman while trying to avoid getting maimed or killed by a complete lunatic a-hole version of Batman called the Night Mare. Just thought that it would be interesting idea for a game and see if anyone has already taken a stab at it.[/size']

And, as an aside, I would just recommend the book mentioned above as a source of ideas for a bunch of low-end or slightly off-center Champions campaigns.

You realise that from a henchman's POV Batman is a complete lunatic A-hole? If he wasn't he couldn't get them to talk so easily just be looking threatening. Lets' face it if Batman's CoK ever became public knowledge among the low-rent crowd of Gotham City his job would get a whole lot harder.

That said yes 'Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog' for many things including what a real lunatic A-hole hero looks like.

"He THREW a CAR at my HEAD!"

You realise that from a henchman's POV Batman is a complete lunatic A-hole? If he wasn't he couldn't get them to talk so easily just be looking threatening. Lets' face it if Batman's CoK ever became public knowledge among the low-rent crowd of Gotham City his job would get a whole lot harder.

That said yes 'Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog' for many things including what a real lunatic A-hole hero looks like.

"He THREW a CAR at my HEAD!"

Night Mare grabbed one villain by the ankles and beat another one to death with him, and beat another villain called the Mantis into I think a coma with his own insect-helmet- this guy was protrayed as a total a-hole.