Damage Shield and HA

Matt the Bruins

Question

Hi Steve, hope you're doing well. I couldn't locate any questions on this particular permutation of Damage Shield, so I'm crossing my fingers that I'm not being repetitive.

If I want to create a Damage Shield Hand-To-Hand Attack that adds its damage to the attacker's STR rather than the character's in order to reflect very hard, inflexible skin that does less harm to an average person slapping the character than to a bare-knuckle fighter punching with his full might, what sort of Limitation (or Advantage) value would you suggest?

Would it make any difference to the value if the character in question is super-strong as opposed to merely average in strength but extremely tough?

1 answer to this question

Re: Damage Shield and HA

That's definitely the first time anyone's asked about this AFAIK. I don't recall any questions about using an attacker's attribute to calculate the effect of a Damage Shield.

I'd say just use the standard Damage Shield rules (at the +3/4 level) and have the GM agree that it's the attacker's STR rather than the character's STR that matters. If he's well above average for the campaign parameters on STR I suppose you could argue for a small Limitation, or if well below for a small Advantage, but as a default method I'd assume that this will hurt the character as often as it helps him.