Total regeneration and Immortality

bigmack83

Healing BODY 2d6, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection, Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (101 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Must consume food to heal (-1/2), Self Only (-1/2)

this power is for an undead player. In one time he died but was resurrected due to being possessed by an evil spirit that reanimated his body. He eventually regained control and can now use the spirit's powers for his own purposes. My question is with the power listed above: is it really necessary to have Life Support: Immortal ? Since the above power is classified as Regeneration. according to FRED i can be brought back to life from a drop of blood. Also because of this my cells basically wouldn't deteriorate causing the side effect of not aging. Which is what the immortal life support does. So if I have this healing do I still need the LS to be immortal and not age?

As an extra note he also has a few immunities and other various life supports. The end result is to be a character that has low defenses (hes a zombie, doesnt take much to blow an arm off) but can quickly regenerate it or anything else. He So far is over 300 years old at the start of the game. So he is also immortal without aging.

Re: Total regeneration and Immortality

Ageing does not cause Body damage as such so can not be 'regenerated'. Aging is a Hero metasystem, separate from the damage system. You do need LS: Immortal if you want to live forever.

Also, call me [picky but you might well have a job resurrecting if you need to 'consume food' to heal as you'll be dead. :)

Re: Total regeneration and Immortality

Hah, good point on spotting the eating thing. I think i was trying to build 2 things when making that power. I meant for his normal healing to be just like everyone else. To heal rapidly he has to eat various things that gross out the other PC's :D at least a little bit every day (which is fun to roleplay when you get nutrients from basically any living thing). The regeneration wasnt supposed to have that, it is kinda hard to eat when you dont have a body to eat.