Usable by Others question

Zed-F

Question

Supposing I have an attack that's defined as a +3d6 HA, usable by others. Say I use it to enchant someone else's attack such that extra fire damage is done when he strikes someone. How does that work if:

1. The recipient attacks someone with his own HA, e.g. club, punch, etc.

2. The recipient attacks someone with a HKA, e.g. sword, etc.

3. The recipient attacks someone with a no range (touch) attack, e.g. a no range EB spell, contact poison, etc.

My first inclination would be to treat the attack as a multiple-power attack, is that correct? If so, can the attacker's STR be added to both attacks? If not, should the damage from the 3d6 HA be calculated separately and added to the original attack, or should it add DCs to the original attack?

1 answer to this question

If a character grants another character an HA via Usable By Others, it would add to the effect of the character's STR damage or another HA, subject to Limitations on the granted HA, the GM's interpretation as to the interaction of special effects, and the GM's judgment re: common sense, dramatic sense, and game balance. It would have no effect whatsoever on an HKA or EB No Range, since HA doesn't add to those Powers. A character using the HA could certainly make a multiple-power attack with those powers, if he chose to and the GM allowed it, but granting him the HA doesn't automatically convert his use of those powers into a multiple-power attack.