Black aura power.

Ragdoll

Just an idea I had for a character. Here's the basic premise. The character can desolidify for a moment and pass through an object or person. In their way the person or object is left in a field of darkness. It moves with the thing if it's mobile. While inside it, the person suffers a continuing ego and end drain until the person that left it in it's wake is unconcious or stunned.

Here's how I've set it up. I looking for an advice on what may be wrong with it.

Darkness to Sight Group and Hearing (single sense); 0 END +1/2, Usable as an Attack +1, Uncontrolled +1/2, Trigger +1/4 (when you phase through something). [42 points]

Drain 1d6 vs. STUN, EGO, and END +1/2, 0 END +1/2, Continuous +1, Uncontrolled +1/2, 5 points/min +1/4, Linked to Darkness -1/4 [30 points]

Desolidification 0 END +1/2, Instant Power from Constant Power -1 [30 points]

Is this built correctly? Comments appreciated.

Re: Black aura power.

The only problem I see is that you would need to add the Affects Physical World Advantage to everything except the Desolidification if you want it to work against non-desolidified targets.

From 5er page 148:

Affects Physical World (+2): A character who wants to use a Characteristic or Power to affect the physical world while he’s Desolidified must buy that ability (not the Desolidification itself) with the +2 Advantage Affects Physical World. Characters who can become Desolidified and still affect the physical world can be very powerful; the GM should carefully review characters with such Powers before letting them into a campaign.

The only problem I see is that you would need to add the Affects Physical World Advantage to everything except the Desolidification if you want it to work against non-desolidified targets.

From 5er page 148:

Ugh. I hadn't thought of that. Plus I figured with it just turning on and turning off like an instant power. Hrm.

Well that was my first thought. But essentially I want it to leave behind a one hex field of darkness every time the character passes through something in that one instantly they become desolid.

I guess what I'm curious about is, if I make a constant power like desolid and instant power it stays on for one phase then switches off. But you can do a full or half move with one phase can't you? So could he or she run at a wall and just before they hit it turn on desolid pass through the wall and come out the other wise solid again but leaving a dark bubble of energy intersecting the inside and outside of the wall. That's basically the effect I'm thinking off aside from just running at a target and passing through them.

Okay! Okay! I've got it! At least ... I think I have it. I dropped Desolid, right?

I've come up with the following. Comments appreciated, and please if I've left anything out, let me know? =)

Okay we've got Darkness to Sight Group and Single Sense Hearing, that's not changed. I've added Personal immunity to it and sticky. :sneaky:

Darkness to Sight Group and Hearing (single sense); 0 END +1/2, Usable as an Attack +1, Uncontrolled +1/2, Trigger +1/4 (when your teleportation path takes you through and object), Sticky +1/2, Personal Immunity +1/4

[52 points]

The second power is Drain and linked to Darkness. I've also added personal immunity and sticky to it, as well as AE: Hex.

Drain 1d6 vs. EGO, and END +1/2, 0 END +1/2, Continuous +1, Uncontrolled +1/2, 5 points/min +1/4, Sticky +1/2, Personal Immunity +1/4, Linked to Darkness -1/4 [36 points]

Finally, I dropped Desolid and added 'Teleport'. Since I wanted to keep the flavor of 'phasing', It's a teleport range that kind of follows the character's running movement of 6".

Teleport 6"; Blind Teleport +1/4, No Non-Combat Movement -1/2, Leaves a visible trail for one phase -1/4, Visible (to sight and very, very loud) -1/4, Side Effect: Must always ensure that your teleport path carries you through a solid object or the teleporter and his immediate environment will suffer the effects of your Darkness and Drain. [60 point effect] -1

[5 points]

The visible effect is the character briefly appears to turn into a horrific looking centipede creature (lovecraft feel/look to it) accompanies by a terrifically loud, disturbing bellow (again, with a lovecraft feel to it). So essentially, the darkness and the drain are applied to the first object that the teleport path intersects, leaving behind a bright patch of light which traps the person or object wholly or partially inside it. It also damages the body and mind of the thing inside (the person).

Sticky makes the power worse. Anyone that blunders into the field is encompassed by it, some of the field bleeding off and surrounding them, trapping them in their own mobile field of light and cacophonous noise as the environment slowly saps them of vitality and sanity. :D