The edge of a world

Naanomi

How would you build an edge on your base that has nothing beyond it? For example, you have a base that is a separate dimension, defined as a 'spatial bubble', or 'the inside of a genie's lamp' or something to that effect. Someone inside couldn't really leave physically, there would be no where to go.

A space base has a vacuum beyond it's walls (which it doesn't seem to pay extra for), but even that doesn't have the 'edge of reality' feel I was looking for. Do I just get it for free? Do I have to buy a very very powerful forcefield that affects incorporeal surrounding my base? A triggered teleporting effect that pushes you back to the square you started on?

Re: The edge of a world

If you've already paid for Extradimensional, I think you can define it that way for free if you like.

Check with whoever is running the game, it probably comes down to judgment call.

Lucius Alexander

Riding a palindromedary up to the edge

That is kind of what I thought... part of the costs of the base already. You don't need extra for the space around your satellite (beyond paying for space), the lava around your super villain's volcano-lair (beyond being remote), and you don't need to pay extra for your extra-dimensional space's... nothing...

A related questions... how would you build the effect on a different dimension that time passes differently there? For example... not at all? If you stepped into the realm, spent ten years there, then left and no time (or one round) had passed?

I know this is a dangerously exploitive potential... does the 'exit' of the base have a 'time travel: one location, one time: the location entered, the round after you entered'? Or is there a more elegant way to do this?

A related questions... how would you build the effect on a different dimension that time passes differently there? For example... not at all? If you stepped into the realm, spent ten years there, then left and no time (or one round) had passed?

I know this is a dangerously exploitive potential... does the 'exit' of the base have a 'time travel: one location, one time: the location entered, the round after you entered'? Or is there a more elegant way to do this?

If you have either Ultimate Speedster or Ultimate Mentalist, the Speed Zone and/or Mind Zone may give you some ideas.

Not that it has to be done that way, and those powers are in my opinion NOT quite analogous to what you're talking about.

Lucius Alexander

The Palindromedary Zone

One last question, I swear ;)

What is the best effect to make it more difficult to teleport into or out of your private dimension without permission? AoE Entangles? Force Fields? AoE Suppression? Some weird interpretation of hardened base armor?

One last question, I swear ;)

What is the best effect to make it more difficult to teleport into or out of your private dimension without permission? AoE Entangles? Force Fields? AoE Suppression? Some weird interpretation of hardened base armor?

I believe Armor, Force Fields, and Force Walls, can be hardened to stop Teleport. If you're in a "pocket dimension" that may well make your Base inviolable. I'd ask whoever's running the game about it.

Lucius Alexander

And an inviolable palindromedary

Not entirely inescapable, but I can see the problem... on the other hand, it will cost a great deal of points. It isn't like I was going to make it mildly hostile and banish others there as a form of attack (I thought about it during the build); but rather a safe place to heal and meditate.

Although it could make an excellent prison realm... put on an AoE X2 penetration Transformation: Mind = Transform any mind into a pacifist law abiding one, and leave people there until they reform.