In Character: A Critical and Unauthorized Look at Disadvantages ...

rjcurrie

Re: In Character: A Critical and Unauthorized Look at Disadvantages ...

He addresses what I think is a pretty silly part of the disad system - the frequency of hunteds and DNPCs. I only allow 8s as a GM' date=' and then of course I never actually roll.[/quote']Yeah, I've never rolled for Hunteds or DNPCs, either. I just allow the relative frequency guide what I'm trying to do.

Also, to say that "Hunted: Viper 11-" needs to show up every other adventure isn't really accurate. Sure, the long run average makes that true. But an 8 session Viper story arc could be followed by 8 sessions of no Viper and still only be 11-. Well, I guess if you're actually rolling, that's not true, because you'll get 11- 63% of the time. But if, like me, you think of 11- as being 50% of the time in this context, then Viper needs to be mentioned in half the sessions. Not every other session.