the honorable rudo

bubba smith

allow me to post the first what would your LUCHADORE do?

a lucadore is cast as a rudo by his promotion but is an honorable man in real life when he hears of his neghibors young childs kidnaping he investigates the matter but is mistakenly accused ofcomplicity in the crime by the police and the technicos what does he do to clear his name?

Re: the honorable rudo

allow me to post the first what would your UCHADORE do?

a lucadore is cast as a rudo by his promotion but is an honorable man in real life when he hears of his neibors youn childs kidnaping he investigates the matter but is mistakenly accused ofcomplicity in the crime by the police and the technicos what does he do to clear his name?

Challenge tham to a Mask vs Hair match! (Then lose to the Technico, and become "reformed" by his honerable example, ie Blue Demon vs Santo)

• 2 weeks later...

The light swept over the scene, as the muscular man with the cruel, cruel eyes clutched at the tattered remnants of his mask.

Standing over him, his knuckles bruised and a contemptuous snarl on his lips, stood the mysterious luchador, El Fantasma Verde. "Rata sucia," he muttered at his fallen opponent, "it's over for you."

The approaching police cars trained their headlights on the two opponents as Captain Menendez stepped forward. "Congratulations, El Fantasma, you've caught that rotten monster, El Demonio Blanco."

El Fantasma looked over at the police officer, "...and rescued the child, El Capitan." El Fantasma glanced over where Pepito was being re-united with his mother and father. A flicker of a smile danced on his lips, but it was only a flicker... and only briefly, as his gaze turned back to his erstwhile opponent.

Roughly, he tore away the remaining scraps of white and red leather, "How about you finally show us your face?"

The fallen man clutched desperately at the mask, but was powerless before his captor's fury. In the light, he was revealed.

"Madre de dios," gasped Captain Menendez, "Oscar Ramirez? You mean HE was the kidnapper all the time? But he was El Demonio's tag-team partner until he turned technico and lost his mask. How could HE be El Demonio Blanco?"

El Fantasma smiled, "Anyone can wear a mask, El Capitan, and we've heard most of it already. Yes, it's true that El Demonio and 'Tigre' Ramirez were partners, and yes, it's true that one of them resented Pepito's father, Senor Cruz. One of them DID feel that Senor Cruz was cheating them of money...

"...but it was NOT El Demonio. Still, when El Demonio refused to go along with Ramirez' plan, Ramirez tried to ruin El Demonio. Spread lies about him and smeared his reputation. Made it seem like Ramirez had changed his ways in the face of El Demonio's increasing rage and bitterness.

"Finally, El Demonio challenged Ramirez to a contest of honour... mascara contra mascara. And won.

"For months, it was thought that this was the end, but the dishonour of being unmasked merely fuelled Ramirez' rage... and having to play the role of supportive technico made it even worse.

"Finally, he decided. If El Demonio could make him lose his mask, he would make El Demonio lose face in ANOTHER way."

The captain stared at the fallen luchador, bitterness, resentment and anger forming a new mask across his bare face.

"But El Fantasma, how do you know all this?"

"I know," he said, his hands reaching to unlace the back of his mask, "Because I AM EL DEMONIO BLANCO!" tearing lose the green and silver leather, to reveal the white mask beneath, "And I am sick of hiding myself to protect this... imposter."

He spat the final word as though it was poison in his mouth.

Pepito's father gaped in awe, "But... but why? Why not come forth and tell us?"

The true El Demonio Blanco looked rueful, "How could I? Would you have believed me? The Terror of the Ring? A man notorious for violence and dirty tactics? And besides, I always thought I could stop him before things would go so far. I never wanted to destroy him... he was almost a brother to me.

"By the time I realized how far gone he was, it was too late. Nobody would have believed me.

"I had to stop him. Before he could hurt Pepito. Before he could hurt himself."

Senor Cruz rested his hand on El Demonio's shoulder, "You have returned my son to me, Senor. You are an honourable man."

"No, Senor. I am not. I am as you see me. But I am NOT a monster." He glanced over at his former partner being led away by the police. In his eyes was a terrible hatred that El Demonio now knew would never leave, "I am just sorry it took me so long to see it in him."

Captain Menendez walked over to El Demonio. "We will still have some questions to ask. Can I give you a lift to the station?"

"Certainly," replied El Demonio Blanco, and walked off towards the Captain's cruiser.

"He is a very brave man," said little Pepito to his papa.

"Si, Pepito. A brave man indeed. And good. I hope he realizes THAT before it's too late too."

There isn't much of a backstory to El Demonio Blanco (Blanca? Not sure) anyhoo...

I haven't started playing Lucha Hero yet, and the three luchadors I currently play (El Aguila Azul in Mutants & Masterminds, El Diablo Del Sol in Feng Shui, and El Mono Mascarado, who is my alter ego when I have cause to don my wrestling mask and cause trouble, are all technicos, so I had to come up with a rudo on the spot.

Simply put, El Demonio is a tough kid. Raised poor, he realized early on that if he wanted something, he took it. That mercy was for the weak and that half-measures were for the half-hearted. As a result, he became a bully and a thug... oddly enough (and it's not something even HE has noticed), unlike most bullies, he tends to pick on people larger and stronger than he is - a result of being bullied so much as a child.

Also, he has a soft spot for children and will never harm them. Anyone foolish enough to question this is never foolish enough to do so twice.

As a child, he enjoyed going to local lucha libre events, however, as he grew to be a teenager, he came to sneer at the luchadors... play-acting as tough guys. Especially the technicos, who he saw as weak men, weakening themselves further with their stupid pointless codes of honour. "There is a name for those who play fair," he used to say, "and that name is 'Loser'. The only thing their honour is good for is comforting them after I've taken everything from them."

One night, drunk in a bar, he picked a fight with a luchador and a raucous melee ensued. Finally, the luchador's friends had to separate the two. Word soon came to Senor Alfredo Ramon De La Cruz, a local promoter, who offered him a job.

Life on the streets was getting tough and The Kid was starting to attract lots of enemies with his 'never back down' style. He saw lucha libre as killing two birds with one stone - he could beat up the sissified musclemen he hated so much, and lie low under a mask for awhile.

His attitude marked him as an outsider in the locker room, bitter and resentful, until he met another man as bitter as he was, 'Tigre' Ramirez. Together the two formed El Pareja Vicioso.

For years, the two were the scourge of wrestling rings across Mexico and fans lined up for hours to buy tickets to see them brought low. Finally, Ramirez became embittered. It was THEM the fans were coming to see, and yet they were making a fraction of the amount the main event Technicos were making.

He hatched a scheme to kidnap Senor Cruz' son, Pepito, and ransom him back, but when he shared his plan with his partner, El Demonio went crazy. For the first time, when he looked into the rage-crazed eyes of his partner, the 'fearless' Ramirez felt a cold dread, and broke down, begging for his life.

Afterwards, his mind raced. What if El Demonio told Senor Cruz what had happened? He'd be fired, and he couldn't have that. And besides, El Demonio has made him afraid, had seen his weakness. The shame of his craven cowardice stung like a brand.

He went to Senor Cruz and showed him the bruises. He showed him the broken furniture and trashed lockerroom from El Demonio's fearsome rage. He could no longer partner with El Demonio. He had seen the error of his ways and had turned over a new leaf. From now on, he wished to be booked as a technico.

If being a rule-breaker and a thug led to the kind of behaviour El Demonio had shown, he explained. He wanted no part of it... to quit now, while he still could.

Also, he explained, El Senor Cruz should keep a wary eye on El Demonio. He had a devil in his heart, and who knows what such a devil would make him do next?

And with that, he began to reconfigure his plans, only this time, there would be a convenient scapegoat... a nefarious, cruel and untrustworthy man who no-one would believe could possibly be innocent.

Soon, he would get everything he deserved. Main-event money, recognition, and the destruction of the one man who had witnessed his shame. It was all so perfect... nothing could go wrong.

... wow.

I wrote all that just off the top of my head.

Lucha Libre is AWESOME!

As for the name, well, I wanted something stereotypically evil. Originally, he was El Ombre Negro (The Black Shadow), but I wasn't comfortable with the whole Black = Evil thing.

I changed him to El Demonio because I am a HUGE fan of Blue Demon, and made him White instead of Black because of all the great evil luchadors who primarily wore white, including El Angel Blanco, and of course, Dr.Wagner and El Medico Asesino.

In fact, the whole formation and destruction of the tag team part of the story was inspired by La Ola Blanca (The White Wave), the trio consisting of El Angel Blanco, Dr.Wagner and El Solitario.

When El Solitario turned technico, Dr.Wagner and El Angel Blanco turned on him, and of course, El Angel Blanco would lose his mask, just as Tigre Ramirez did.