Debating opening Metahumans Rising for new Players

Certified

Metahumans Rising has been chugging along for about a year and a half. Recently we've had several players leave for various reasons. This leaves me with four players and three players for the two teams.

The first team the Defenders was intended to be a kind of Bronze Age, Golden Age revival feel but seems to have dipped into darker territory. This has cast a shadow over the campaign ever since. With the loss of some of our players I've taken a step back to try and reevaluate how best to moderate the campaign tone and feel without outright telling players: No you can't do X or you should do Y.

The Defenders roster is comprised of four members currently: Hardware: Power Armored Brick and Energy Projector, Dorian an Energy Projector and Controller, Shadow Knight, ninja and a Mako: attempting to reform petty criminal Demi-Brick and Scrapper. What I'm considering is bringing in fifth character who can complement the team without stepping on does powers wise but more importantly is more idealistic when it comes to what heroes do and don;t do. Kind of a moral compass. This isn't to say they're a boyscout but someone who is a more classic hero persona.

The other team: Project D is a government team who live n this grayer area. Where stories from the Defenders are intended to be heroic and larger than life, Project D deals with gritter scenarios and situations. Their roster consists of Freedom, patriot (in the vein of the Comedian) and energy projector, Thunderbird Native American Brick and Archer and Hound, mentalist and drunk. Here I think it would be good to add one additional player for balance, two if I decide to add a fifth member to the Defenders.

Currently, the two teams are completely independent of each other. At one point I had a second GM to help me. Part of these long range plans does involve keeping the tones of the parallel campaigns separate. There are long range plans regarding the teams interactions but I'll keep those to myself as I know at least one of my current players and one former player posts here as well.

Thoughts?