Teen Stargate

IKerensky

Hello,

a campaign idea I developped as a spinoff of the original serie.

The Cast :

Rya'c, teal'C son.

Cassandra, Samantha adoptiv daughter

The Arthiesis, Daniel Jackson son.

Yound O'Neill, Jack O'Neill teenager clone.

What's happening :

After the defeat of Anubis the situation in the galaxy is quiet, Jackson Son is given back to him with no extra knowledge (or just a few) from his assenced past.

Rya'c and Youg O'Neill are suprisingly major pain in the ass , such is Cassandra. To ease up and bond, O'Neill(senor) suggest a camping/survival/fishing trip to a lovely wild and deserted planet.

Alas, things doesnt go well... at all... and the teenagers separate from the obnoxious grown-up in the idea of building their own camp.

That the exact moment the planet is invaded by an unknown forces, isolated and surrounded the teens plan to use the stargate to go back to earth bring reinforcement (they are closer from it than the adult because they steal a identification device and were planning to watch TV and surf the internet :P ).

But there is a problem and the gate got hit, sending them to an unplanned destination and a long way back to earth.

O'Neill and Rya'c have good weapon knowledge and tactical. The arthiesys(John ? Ken ? Ryu ? name, pls ?) have martial art knowledge and some kind of healing/insight that he doesnt fully control. Cassandra did still get some mental/psychic abilities.

Opinions ?

Re: Teen Stargate

I see a Gilligan's Island kind of issue* developing here.

*(they could never escape the island)

The players would have to know that their characters can never find Earth or the campaign would be over since Stargate Command would logically take control of any technology and/or alien relationship they might have discovered.

I think you'd have to solve that issue before it becomes a really long term campaign concept. It might make a great one-shot game for a Con though.

Could work.

Just need to put real thought into why they can't just dial home at the first oppurtunity. I mean, it isn't just Earth, there are also various bases that the SGC has set up, plus the worlds of the Jafar, plus a whole bunch of other worlds that are friendly to one or the other.

Ours is a BIG galaxy, to be sure, but as long as you have several gate addresses to keep trying (and between this bunch, they would have A LOT), then sooner or later they would get to familiar territory.

Possibly some kind of quest - they have some unique abilities. Maybe there is a high-powered McGuffin they have to find, or that they have to take someplace.

Hum, I think I will exploit the weapon misfire to cause the gate to dial out of the galaxy...

It will help explore a new area and introduce ... Furlings :P

Even with advanced technological knowledge they will need to get a very large energy source, not any typical gate would have to be able to translate back to the original galaxy...

Growing old I discovered the ideas I have usually start to appear in reality after a few years...

... this Stargate teen was something I though 4 or 5 years ago but never do anything to exploit... but it sound like a good idea.

I didn't known that what Stargate Universe would be about... until yet :P