For negative Adjustment Powers, each one

affects a character separately for purposes of

determining when the character recovers lost

points — they don’t all lump together. Regardless

of whether, for example, two Drains come

from a single or multiple attackers, track each

use of Drain separately. The character recovers

5 points per Turn from each Drain separately

either in Post-Segment 12 (standard method)

or 12 Segments after a given Drain affected him

(optional method).

I am assuming this means that if a person is hit by two drains, each drain is tracked separately.

1) If a person is hit by a continuing drain, does this count as one drain or multiple drains?

2) If a person is hit by an autofire drain, does this count as one drain or multiple drains?

3) What if you combine autofire and constant on a drain?

4) If a person can heal multiple drained abilities at one time, do they heal each multiple drain? As in the cases of 1, 2, and 3.

I apologize if this has been answered in the books somewhere, they're a fairly long read and I am only up to pg 137 (with some searches for relevant topics ahead).

1 answer to this question

Re: 6th Ed: Drains (clarafication)

Yes, each Drain is tracked separately — there’s no reason to assume anything, since that’s explicitly what the text says. ;)

Each time a Constant Drain damages a target, that counts as a “separate” Drain effect, though that’s really only relevant if the GM’s using the optional method.

Each hit from an Autofire Drain counts as a “separate” Drain effect, but since they’re all hitting in the same Phase again this is largely irrelevant; they’ll all recover at the same time anyway.

If you combine Autofire and Constant on a Drain, I think that’s generally an indication that your GM isn’t paying close attention. :)

If a character can somehow Heal multiple Drains at once, then that’s what he does — Heal X separate Drains, whether those Drains come from distinct attacks, one Constant attack, or what have you.