6th Ed: Hardened and Impenetrable

dsatow

Question

Sorry if I have this wrong, I have a few minutes at work so I am looking at your responses to my questions. One of the last things I read last night from 6e1 is that for defenses to be hardened or impenetrable, that the entire defense needs to be bought with hardened or impenetrable. I remember thinking, huh?

Are you talking about just a single power like resistant defenses or a PC's entire defenses? IE: I can have a fully hardened force field but not hardened body armor and still get the benefits. I've been GMing 5th this way and think this applies in 6th but the wording seems to be that all of your defense needs to be hardened or impenetrable or its not at all.

1 answer to this question

Re: 6th Ed: Hardened and Impenetrable

You're totally misreading that. It's no different than it's always been: if you have a given defense (let's say an armored jacket defined as 8 PD/8 ED Resistant Protection), then it all has to be Hardened or Impenetrable. You can't, say, make 5 PD of it Hardened and leave 3 un-Hardened. But you could wear that jacket and still have, say, personal PD that's not Hardened.