Weilding a Flying Sword

Naanomi

I had a strange dream over the summer... I was camping, it was windy... the were a great number of strange details to the dream. The core, however, was that I was being taught to telekinetically control a bowling-ball sized sphere of strange metal in a sort of 'kung-fu training' situation.

I started writing it up, but started to wonder about the specifics...

I came up with two 'builds' about how it would work. Not sure the first is entirely valid, but I wanted to see other opinions. This would be for a 60 AP limit campaign.

First Build: A combination of three powers lets me 'wield' the ball with an invisible 'third arm'...

Extra Limb (1), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Unified Power (-1/4), Limited Manipulation (-1/4)

Stretching 40m, Costs Endurance Only To Activate (+1/4), Does Not Cross Intervening Space (+1/4) (60 Active Points); OAF (-1), Limited Body Parts (-1/4), no Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), Unified Power (-1/4)

+48 STR, Costs Endurance Only To Activate (+1/4) (60 Active Points); Gestures, Requires Gestures throughout (Requires both hands; -1), Limited Power Only for Extra Limb (-1/2), Nonpersistent (-1/4), Unified Power (-1/4)

Second Build: TK, with restrictions that it only affect the sphere/focus.

Telekinesis (22 STR), Costs Endurance Only To Activate (+1/4), No Range Modifier (+1/2) (58 Active Points); OAF (-1), Gestures, Requires Gestures throughout (Requires both hands; -1), Only Works On Limited Types Of Objects Very Limited Group of Objects (-1), Affects Whole Object (-1/4), Physical Manifestation (-1/4)

Any thoughts on what would be the best way to model a 'telekinetically controlled weapon' or 'flying sword' or whatever in this way?

Re: Weilding a Flying Sword

Well... in the dream there was a great deal of 'sphere dueling'... martial-arts type maneuvers (blocking, lifting and throwing people with the ball, disarming people, etc) as well as some non-combat usage (carefully lifting things on top of the ball, pushing buttons with it, etc). Does that help?

There were alot of specifics that were... strange. It was a dream after all! The analogy of 'fencing at a distance with a flying sword' is a bit like what I was going for, albeit with a flying metal bowling ball.