Fantasy Hero PBEM

PerennialRook

I'm looking for players.

I'm starting a Fantasy Hero PBEM (Play By E-Mail) game. The game will involve heroic level characters built on 100 points plus 100 points disadvantages, anything goes (with DM approval of course). The world is typical (D&D style) fantasy including all sorts of divine and arcane spellcasters, dragons, goblins, ogres, trolls, orc, gnomes, halflings, humans, elves, dwarves, etc. I'm hoping to keep it fast paced. I'm new to PBEM's but it should go rather smoothly. I'm looking for 4-8 players, maybe more. I'll start when I have 4 and introduce any late commers when I have a chance.

For further information e-mail your questions to PerennialRook@hotmail.com with Re: Fantasy PBEM as the subject line. I'll be getting under way as soon as I have the first four characters approved.

-Preston

Re: Arcane Magic- The most interesting thing (something I stole from my GM) is that a True Spellcaster gets two points worth of spells for every point they spend (divide the total cost by 2). A true spellcaster however does not wear armor or wield weapons, as they have spent their lifetimes developing and maintaining their powers.

There are three types of spellcasters. Wizards who learn magic (bookmagic). Sorcerers who seduce magic. And Warlocks who force magic.

Wizards use gestures, incantations, or both, and may also use spell components, a spellbook, or a wizard's staff.

Sorcerers use gestures, incantaions, or both.

Warlocks merely force magic to their will with not gestures, foci, incantations, etc. However, upon failing a magic roll, magic will turn on them with severe consequenses.

Other people (non True Spellcasters) may learn magic at the normal cost (without the discount), and use it normally. The constant and excessive use of magic (true spellcasters) brings on unnatural long life extending the life of the user. Even human mages have lived for thousands of years.

Before you actually build your character I would, however, like to have your character concept and background. Feel free to email me at PerennialRook@hotmail.com with the subject line RE: Fantasy PBEM

-Preston