Do PFF and Invulnerability Stack?

Dragonfly

Hey guys,

I have a character who is pretty much a straight Force weilder. He has Personal Force Field as his passive defense power. I just hit level 21, however, and decided that I would invest in Invulnerability, thinking htat they would stack. Was I wrong about the stacking? Am I going to need to respec?

Best,

Dragonfly

Re: Do PFF and Invulnerability Stack?

Passive Defenses get slotted into build defense slots. Some defenses only work with certain builds. Invuln works with all 4 builds, whereas PFF only goes into Defensive and Balanced builds (same as Regen). It's an either/or thing. If you use Invuln, you cannot use Regen/LR/PFF/Defiance at the same time. You could use Invuln for Support and Avenger builds and PFF for Defensive and Balanced if you'd like.

Invuln stacks with STR for flat damage reduction and CON for % reduction. If you are not high in CON, consider dropping it.

Re: Do PFF and Invulnerability Stack?

Also, bear in mind that if you're primarily a Force user, your superstats and general stat stacking (in your case End and Ego) don't compliment Invuln, which scales off Str and Con.

And as SvZurich has rightly stated, both abilities are a slotted passive, and you can only have one of those slotted at any one time.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Just realised I'm pretty much parroting what SvZurich has already said anyway! :D