Chao Attack

Odraude

I am working on a racial power for a being of chaos and I need a bit of help with it. Here is what I have so far.

Chaos Strike: Blast 3d6, Variable Advantages (any group of +1/2; +1), Variable SFX (any magic effect; +1/4, ), 34 AP; Variable Limitations ( any group of -1/2; -1/4), No Conscious Control (Cannot control the effect; -1), Limited Range (10m; -1/4), 13 RP

There will be a roll for the NCC that will affect the Advantage, Limitation, and SFX chosen. 1d6. on a 3-4, the player controls the Advantage, SFX, and limitation. on a 5-6, the GM controls it. on a 1-2 the power fizzles and something completely random happens. on a 1 it counts as a 1 for unluck.

What do you guys think?

Re: Chao Attack

Well, first off, 3d6 blast is such a wimpy effect that it wouldn't faze any but the least combat oriented character. Secondly, it looks like an awful lot of dice rolling work and power choosing/building each and every phase.

I might suggest instead some sort of multipower with 6 ultra slots. Roll a single dice each time to see what the effect will be. I would recommend using effects that might have an actual effect though (not a 3D6 blast), otherwise it is just superfluous dice rolling.

Even easier perhaps is to define it more as a variable change environment and give it a list of 6 environments.

Re: Chao Attack

Well, first off, 3d6 blast is such a wimpy effect that it wouldn't faze any but the least combat oriented character. Secondly, it looks like an awful lot of dice rolling work and power choosing/building each and every phase.

I might suggest instead some sort of multipower with 6 ultra slots. Roll a single dice each time to see what the effect will be. I would recommend using effects that might have an actual effect though (not a 3D6 blast), otherwise it is just superfluous dice rolling.

Even easier perhaps is to define it more as a variable change environment and give it a list of 6 environments.

Forgot to mention Its a standard heroic game so its not too bad. It was put that low also because of the variable effects.

Also its only on dice roll that controls what happens. I thought about one separate dice roll for each effect (Advantages, SFX, Limitation) but Im just making it one simple dice roll that takes care of it.

The multipower idea is nice but not quite the randomized affect Im looking for.

@bigby, I figured WWYCD worked as well... kinda was in a rush to go to work.