Heroclix - Avengers vs JLA

bloomann

Hello

I would love to hear any stories or anecdotes pertaining to an Avengers vs JLA heroclix contest. Although with my son we have a good collection we don't have the core teams. I would really like to see which group won the most and how. The eternal question of which team is best could be resolved this way, at least in some part.

Thanks

Re: Heroclix - Avengers vs JLA

I wish I could help you. I have the whole sets, all the Avengers and Leaguers.

I've tried to set up such a battle, but all the gamers in my group :

A) if they like heroclix, they stick to the published scenarios

B) if they like Hero, they only want to play their own characters.

sigh.

Well let's play! I'm in Paris, no really. Where are you? Maybe we could arrange a JLA vs Avengers contest the next time I visit the States, this summer, we were thinking about going to the east coast around Boston, or maybe florida, trying to find an apartment swap. Are you around there?

Honestly I'm surprised not more people have tried that contest, I looked on the hero clix forum but it's pretty dead. I think for comic geeks (like me not you) it's a primordial question that needs to be answered, which team is better, and I think the heroclix system is a perfect medium to put it to the test, it's simple fast and to me at least, mirrors the 4 color ethos of comic book style battles. guess I'll just have to keep collecting and playing with my son, but all he wants to do is play with his DS

Talk about a generation gap man!

I am curious...

I have several figures from both teams that I've collected as champions figures (never actually played heroclix)

I didn't think the combat capabilities of the two lines were balanced against each other.

Is this wrong or are there extra rules for DC vs. Marvel combats?

Guest steamteck

My son and I tried this out 700 points on each side. We traded off who was each team. The avengers ( defined as Thor and his helpers ;)) were triumphant both times. The marvel clix seem to give you more bang for your buck. Both times we were left with only Flash left on JLA

Avengers-- Thor Iron Man, Captain America, Scarlet Witch, Black Panther, and Hercules

JLA Superman, Batman, Hal Jordan, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl and Flash

First match Hercules demolished Wonder Woman. Batman and Hawkgirl defeated Cap and the panther but fell to Hercules. Iron Man cleaned Jonn Jonnzz clock . Thor and Superman fought for awhile. Superman landed one decent blow and made 3 straight imperviousness rolls in a row but them took a massive extra damage hit and Iron man and Thor put him down. Flash put down Wanda and then proceeded to not get hit until we just gave up on it.

The 2nd match went more quickly as The panther outwited Superman's imperviousness and Thor and Iron double shoted him down to toughness levels. After that it was down hill.

Next time the JLA gets our brand spanking new 275 pt Uber Wonder woman and we'll see.

The marvel characters seem more effective for their cost to us.

sounds like a lot of fun, and I'm glad to hear I'm not the only GEEK DAD trying to indoctrinate his kid with comics and games, all mine wants to do is play his DS (sigh) but we do have a tournament going right now with different teams but I don't have many avengers or JLA, although the X-MEN trounced the TEEN TITANS (I was the titans)

"First match Hercules demolished Wonder Woman. Batman and Hawkgirl defeated Cap and the panther but fell to Hercules. Iron Man cleaned Jonn Jonnzz clock . Thor and Superman fought for awhile. Superman landed one decent blow and made 3 straight imperviousness rolls in a row but them took a massive extra damage hit and Iron man and Thor put him down. Flash put down Wanda and then proceeded to not get hit until we just gave up on it."

I thought Flash would be more effective and Hercules defeats Batman and Hawkgirl... it's true if a Heroclix brick lands one it's can be devastating.

WW is at 275 pts ?1? is that the Kingdom Come WW? I saw the new Thor is around the same point level.

Thanks for the story I enjoyed it!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest steamteck

Flash is very effective but not against Thor and Iron man. he just doesn't do enough damage. The Wonder Woman is the Arkam Asylum version. She looks like she's going to hit you with a Greek column .

One thing we do is use the Heroscape modular maps to make 3d environments. My son has a ball making a new map when we get tired of the last map

My Geek son loves designing HERO characters and my older geek daughter runs a campaign. Saturday night she runs her game for the teens and I run mine for the adults. We share the battlemaps I've created.

• 2 weeks later...