Confused by blowthrough example

RockSunner

On page 192 of DC there is an example of blowthrough.

"Firefight's attack roll succeeds. His handgun does RKA 2d6 damage. The GM rules the door has 2 DEF, 2 BODY. Firefight rolls RKA 1d6 and gets 4 BODY -- just enough for blowthrough! Firefight's target takes the full 4 BODY damage..."

This makes no sense at all. What happened to the other 1d6? Why wasn't it rolled? I would have expected RKA 2d6 to be rolled, divided by two and compared to 4. Then if it got blowthrough, the damage would be the sum of both dice.

I don't see an errata page for Dark Champions, so I wonder if the book is really correct.

Re: Confused by blowthrough example

How does this compare with the other approach to an attack through a wall, using the rules for damaging objects? I would have expected that way to subtract a total of four body from the total attack. So the blowthrough rules make attacks through a wall much less effective and therefore much less likely for the player to try.

In fact, if even a paper-thin wall takes half my attack dice off the top, as a player I would make a rule for myself to never try to shoot through a wall.