Cloud Computing Telepath (5ed)

Nuclear Fridge

Inspired by the character Mindmistress on comicgenesis.com, I’ve been trying to figure out how to build a similar character but with mental powers – she has a powerful EGO rating, but low INT, and she relies on Mind Control of other people to “bootstrap” herself up to super (evil) genius levels.

I’ve tried crunching the numbers for such a ‘blanket effect’ Mind Control, but it gets really silly very quickly – and it’s not as if I’m going for a Menton-level menace. I’m just after a different take on the ‘genius telepath’ archetype… in say the 350 to 400 point range.

I suppose I could adapt bits of Nocturne from News of the World – her ‘memory absorption’ talent would be quite appropriate, as she cherry-picks useful bits of information from other people’s minds. But that still leaves the problem of the ‘INT upgrade’ effect… Any thoughts on this one?

Re: Cloud Computing Telepath (5ed)

How about Mind Link and over all skill levels (or non-combat skill levels) with a custom limitation (must be using mind link) and you could even limit it so each purchase of skill levels requires more people in the link.

How about Mind Link and over all skill levels (or non-combat skill levels) with a custom limitation (must be using mind link) and you could even limit it so each purchase of skill levels requires more people in the link.

That sounds about right. Maybe buy up INT with the same limitations. *shrug*

You buy INT with Limitations based on the number of people nearby (does she totally dominate them with Mind Control?) Or does she simply use "background computing" to bump up her own INT? In other words, she has an INT of 8 (human normal), but can draw on the (mythical) 80-90% of brain power humans don't use to bump up her own INT. So, if she's around 1 more person, she gets +1 INT, around 2-3, she gets +2, around 4-8 she gets +2, and so on. This is why she has flunkies... and also why she likes to do her planning (in SID) in crowded areas (like a Mall) as the constant press of (distracted) people lets her pump up her INTO to... 20? 30?

So you understand, from your description I was thinking that the character doesn't actually get smarter ("...low INT, and she relies on Mind Control of other people to “bootstrap” herself up to super (evil) genius levels"), but instead gains access to the skills, knowledge and training people around her (or those she is linked to, or those she has mind controlled, however it is determined).

If you allow skills to be purchased as powers (and they can be frameworked (don't know about this one, never tried)), I could see her with a mimicry VPP of nothing but skills. It wouldn't be cosmic, because she needs to at least spend some time around the person to gain access to their skills.

The VPP (as well as her INT being boosted) gives her an interesting quirk of possibly not knowing how her own devices work when "in the field". Don't get me wrong, I'm sure she would still know how to use the devices, she simply wouldn't know how they do what they do.

Cramming with limitation regarding the cloud aspect, and INT Skill Levels with the same. Probably even Universal Translator with the same limitation. Maybe grandfather in the old Jack of All Trades perk, allowing her to apply those skill levels to skills she doesn't possess.

Cramming with limitation regarding the cloud aspect' date=' and INT Skill Levels with the same. Probably even Universal Translator with the same limitation. Maybe grandfather in the old Jack of All Trades perk, allowing her to apply those skill levels to skills she doesn't possess.[/quote']

Jack of all Trades works like Scholar, but for PSs. What Perk are you thinking of?