How to build Anti-Sleep Stims with side effects

yamamura

A player wants a cybernetic enhancements that allows him to put off sleep. I was thinking there was a HERO books somewhere that had something like it but I don't seem to be able to find it. This is for my campaign in 2110. I unfortunately don't know enough about anti-sleep drugs so I need some one to either point me where to find it in HERO or a write up. Thanks.

Re: How to build Anti-Sleep Stims with side effects

The Time Limit Advantage (actually Limitation in this case) at the 6 hours (-1/2) or 1 day+ (-1/4) level might work well here, too. Or Continuing Charges, though those will be -0 for a Persistant power like Life Support unless the GM lends a helping hand. Other appropriate side effects might be penalties to Int and Ego rolls (or Drains of those Characteristics) due to lack of focus and shortened attention. The latter could even result in one's Psychological Limitations becoming more difficult to overcome, which would be an interesting kind of amplification effect (and maybe even feedback if one of the Psychological Complications is addiction to the drugs...).