Balanced Enemy Party

Dr Divago

[This thread continue from http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8178&perpage=15&pagenumber=2 please read original thread for more]

Well, i've decided to follow in a next thread

Reassuming :I'm building a balanced "ending encounter" for an adventure to be played in a con (2-3 hours limitation) for players around 200 point total cost; is my first time GMastering Hero, and i'm searching to do a balanced encounter (please note that is the final encounter; after this is the final revelation...)

First chracther is RedCap (someone can have readed about her)

Second chracther i'm thinked is Twinergy, a girl who can duplicate in two different twin (well, both are absolutely identical one with each other, bot little different from the whole girl).

The problem is: Duplication Power description states that charachter A can duplicate in charachter B, but A is original and B is the "copy". Therefore, A pay for the power, B not. So if is Wendy-Elysabeth is build in a 250 point basis, Wendy pay 50 points for the duplication, and Wendy has 200 points free and Elysabeth 250... she are NOT equal...

Can i pay 250 points to make Elysabeth a 200 point characther (with Zero-phase recombination, +10 points to duplication cost)? this will make them absolutely identical; and i can assume that are not an "original" charachter and a "copy" but two original clones

Other power i'm thinking abouyt is Desolidifcation; better if with limitation "can be hit by fire/intense heath sources", and a fly (2 or 3 hex will be sufficient to be safe when desolidified; "only when desolidifed" (linked to Desolidifcation :)) is a good chose)

An idea cna be buy desolidifcation with linked disadvantage "only when duplicated" (to represent that she duplicate, than her "vital energy" are rarefacted, and she can pass throrough object... :cool: )

Other idea about a power for her?

I'm thinking about a multipower kiss (like succubus kiss :) she can drain some stun or end or vital energy, or simply shock, or paralyse (entangle?) enemy...)

Or a "copy power" or better a "drain power" (sort of Transfer or Drain linked to a Cosmic Pool)

Re: Balanced Enemy Party

Originally posted by Dr Divago

Second chracther i'm thinked is Twinergy

sniip

Other idea about a power for her?

This is what i've made:

Wendy & Elisabet: Duplication

60 Matter Control:Multipower Reserve: 60 Points

4u Diminished Molecular Coesistence:Desolidification; Reduced Endurance (½ END cost; +¼); Receive Damage from Intense Heat or Cold (-½); plus Flight 5â€; Linked (to Desolidification; -½) 3END

2u Thicken Air:Entangle 4d6 BODY, Additional BODY (2d6; +10 points); IPE (to All Sense, Source Visible; +½), Entangle and Character both Takes Damage (+¼), Reduced Endurance (½ END cost; +¼); Cannot Form Barrier (-¼), No Defense (-1½) 3END

4u The Weighty Girl:Density Increase (6.400 Kg, +30 STR, -6KB, +6PD/ED); Reduced Endurance (No END; +½)

4u Compressed Air Spray:4d6 Energy Blast; Area of Effect (Cone; +1), Double Knockback (+¾); No Range (-½) 5END

3u Compressed Air Bolt:3d6 Energy Blast; Armor Piercing (+½), Autofire (3 shots; +¼), Indirect (From any Locations and Fired in any Direction; +¾); Limited Range (-¼) 4END

2u Weightless Dust:Darkness (Sight and Smell/Taste Group, 2†radius); Reduced Endurance (No END; +½); Must be Dust in Area (-½), No Range (-½), Concentration (½ DCV, Must Concentrate Throughout; -½)

Other Ideas?

Re: Balanced Enemy Party

Second chracther i'm thinked is Twinergy, a girl who can duplicate in two different twin (well, both are absolutely identical one with each other, bot little different from the whole girl).

The problem is: Duplication Power description states that charachter A can duplicate in charachter B, but A is original and B is the "copy". Therefore, A pay for the power, B not. So if is Wendy-Elysabeth is build in a 250 point basis, Wendy pay 50 points for the duplication, and Wendy has 200 points free and Elysabeth 250... she are NOT equal...

Wrong !!

re-read the Duplication power in FREd :

"each duplicate has to pay for the power" so Elisabeth spends 50 points for the power and so do Wendy !!

Guest zarglif69

FREd is the 5th edition of the HERO system rules, an acronym for "fifth rules edition." It was reverse engineered from Steve Long's comment, "you can call it Fred for all I care".

Originally posted by zarglif69

FREd is the 5th edition of the HERO system rules, an acronym for "fifth rules edition." It was reverse engineered from Steve Long's comment, "you can call it Fred for all I care".

Well, i've 5th edition of Hero, and i'll reading the chapter twenty times today but...

it say:

«The cost for Duplication, wich only the base character pays, is 1 Character Points for 5 Characters Points the original character is built with (including points from disadvantages and the points spent on Duplication)»

Well, this is a little ambiguous... yes, it can be read in both manner...

You're right; i've readed the text in wrong manner (i've posed attention at the phrase in red and notat that in lime...)

Okay.

Then, for other features of this twin-girl? do you like it?

Well, i've 5th edition of Hero, and i'll reading the chapter twenty times today but...

it say:

«The cost for Duplication, wich only the base character pays, is 1 Character Points for 5 Characters Points the original character is built with (including points from disadvantages and the points spent on Duplication)»

Well, this is a little ambiguous... yes, it can be read in both manner...

You're right; i've readed the text in wrong manner (i've posed attention at the phrase in red and notat that in lime...)

Okay.

Then, for other features of this twin-girl? do you like it?

oops, once again, i tape an answer too fast. i wondered where i took this certainty.

please accept all my excuses