OK, what are the basic 6E Books I need to start a campaign?

Pizza Man

I want to run a classic Champions game with Genocide, or whatever the anti-mutant organization is.

I've got the Champs genre book, the Powers book, the basic rules and the core rules on order. I need villains and maybe a few adventures.

Also is there another site that is player oriented? I want to see a lot of character write ups. and maybe a few player made games.

I wont be using the CU, though I may buy it for the characters and organizations.

I also like to use real cities for my locations so I can blow up landmarks and such.

I also am tossing together the germ of an idea about a mutant/meta supremacy group L.O.K.I. that has more modest ambitions. They don't want to take over the world, just New Zealand, and maybe Australia. They just want a small country to create a feudal monarchy with mutants as the nobility. Let Dr Destroyer waste his time conquering the earth. Smaller goals are more easily obtained.

L.O.K.I. is currently operating/recruiting in the US, They own ships, docks, warehouses and a shipping empire in both the US and New Zealand. They already have spies in NZ checking out the local heroes, and people likely to oppose them, but have done nothing as yet.

They also have opened a decoy base in a South American country for the heroes to destroy if LOKI is ever discovered. The base is stocked with patsies who think the little country is the true target. Its got lots of weapons and a self destruct button. The air ducts are all man-sized, and connect to to tiger cages to unleash upon silly agents (can't make it look too easy, right?)

all in all, LOKI is well organized and has good morale. banks robbed are typically in the Caribbean where Mob loot tends to be laundered or in rural US areas. LOKI only enters PC cities for recruiting. Most of their money is made legitimately (aided with staff mentalists).

Re: OK, what are the basic 6E Books I need to start a campaign?

I'd pick up the Hero System Martial Arts book to put in that pile, The Bestiary if you want some critter write ups to save you time, and the Upcoming Equipment book. That all being said, you really don't need anything more then Core 1+2, and you already have more then that. Sounds like a nice angle you've got outlined there so you shouldn't have any issues if you just run with the books you got.

If you want a site where your players can just go look at write ups and such, can't go wrong with http://surbrook.devermore.net/index/ for 5th/6th write ups, or http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/mathew/champions.html for 4th ed material (which makes for a great Base build ideology for a 5th or 6th Character), or http://www.killershrike.com/ not to mention the numerous links and stuff you can follow here and there off of every site from those to this one, heh.

If I forgot anyone it's not intentional, just old and there are a lot of sites out there. :D

~Rex

Re: OK, what are the basic 6E Books I need to start a campaign?

The only thing you need is either the Basic Rules or the full system rules. Everything else is just a time saver / source of ideas.

Having said that, I consider the martial arts book to be essential for my games, and the Ultimate Skill (which is still 5e).

For a supers game the focus is typically more on powers than skills and martial arts though, so not really anything to worry yourself about.