Subsume

Sidetrack

Basically I've got a stretchy guy (pliable body) that I'd like to have the ability to wrap himself around another character and function as powered armor. He'd grant and put the lion's share of his powers under the control of the other.

Quickly plugged it into Hero Designer and I come up with a +0 naked advantage, i.e. no cost.

Subsume:  Naked Advantage: Usable Simultaneously (up to 2 people at once; +0),
Recipient must remain close to Grantor, Grantor can take back power at any time,
Grantor pays the END whenever the power is used for up to X Active Points

I guess that makes some sense as one character becomes significantly more powerful but the other loses independent action and both can still take damage. Can't help but think I'm missing something, and there's got to be some complications I'm not seeing.

Re: Subsume

The naked advanateg needs to apply to an active point limit. Then the other modifiers are aplied to it. So it would cost points (but not many).

EXAMPLE: in 5th. I imaine is would be a mrginal change to 6.

Subsume: Naked Advantage (30 active points): Usable Simultaneously (up to 2 people at once; +1), Recipient must remain close to Grantor, Grantor can take back power at any time, Grantor pays the END whenever the power is used (-1/2), 60 Active Points, 40 Real Cost.

Looking at 6th edition

Usable Simultaneous base +1/2

-Grantor can take back and any time +1/4

-Grantor pays END -1/4

-Recipeint must remain close -1/2

all that adds up to a +0... can you even have a +0 naked advantage? If so it doesn't matter how many points you apply it to, 30 pts or 300, it'd still be (300(1+0)-300). As it sits I could build a Usable by others as a -1/4 limitation by eliminating the 'take back'. Would that give extra utility and points back? Doesn't seem quite right.

Yeh I just built the power in Hero Designer (6th ed) and it came out to +0 also.

This seams an example were common sense would have to override the basics in the rules. I recall in fifth there was a rule limiting a power to a minimum of 1 point. I will have to look for the same rule in 6th. Then it would be a 1 point power.