power limitatio

steph

Re: power limitatio

Yes, it's been removed.

The reason was, I believe, that if the GM follows through and takes the item away, the PC is now permanently weaker than the rest, and if he doesn't, then it wasn't worth a -2 limitation. And there's no rule of thumb for how long before the item should be taken away, either.

You can, of course, still have a Focus which is Breakable and Very Difficult to Obtain New Focus, or (for some powers) Charges Which Never Recover.

Re: power limitatio

I read the power limitation in the 6eme edition................and i dont find the independant -2 limitation is it removed?

ty in advance

steph

Independent was created for creating Magic items in Fantasy Hero. When it appeared in the Core Rules it was abused by players who didn't know why it existed in the rules. In a Champions game it gave the GM an unwinnable choice, either 1) have a PC built on 250% more powerpoints than any other PC, or 2) Take away the Independent item and have a worthless PC and an annoyed player. It was removed to prevent this problem from appearing in a campaign.

It worked in FH because it gave a non hand wave way for a PC or NPC to tie personal power into the creation of and item of Power, with the idea that they could/would give the item away or sell said item. Items that were meant to be kept were built with regular focus limitations.