Big, High Res map of Arduna / Ambrethel

Dr Divago

Hi all

i found the big map of ambrethel in TA book very low res (while the single area maps are really good) so i'm planning on building myself a big high res map, to print in A2 format or just using on pc for campaign use

the problem with single region maps is they sometime lack some particulars; iw if you look at central westerland's (TA60) it lacks some information on valicia and basidrun; if you look at eastern westerland (TA74) it lacks keldravian and szarvasian cities and locations

so i tried scan maps from my book, then crop them, cut and paste in a single big high res map. result is UGLY 'cause scan are not equal, sometime is different scale, sometime is slightly rotate or not really good scan

i tried also to copy and paste pictures from pdf, but pdf is secured so i can't x_x

so my question is: there is someone else who tried it? someone else who got a big high res map of arduna (or better all ambrethel), like the one you can make cut&past-ing single region maps?

i'd love it :D

Re: Big, High Res map of Arduna / Ambrethel

The closest thing to that which I've seen is the PDF Ambrethel maps downloadable from the "Free Stuff" section of this website: http://www.herogames.com/freeStuff.htm?category=Maps . Some of them, notably the color ones linked near the bottom of the page, are pretty high res, but lack a lot of the details from the regional maps in the TA book that seem to interest you. Of course if you printed out one of the maps you could add those details by hand.

Sorry, that's the best I can offer. :o

i alrady have the big res free stuff, but as you stated it lacks all the details

i could also print all the maps from pdf, cut and paste them in a big sheet of paper, then scan again... x_x

If you have a dedicated graphics program (even a low-cost one like PaintShop Pro), there's no need to do the printing and rescanning - simply open the PDF in your graphics program and resave as an image file. You can then compile all the image files into one big one (rescaling and moving selections around as necessary), and add the missing details by hand.

Of course, this would be strictly for your own personal use: you wouldn't be able to publish or redistribute it without Hero Games' permission.

If you have a dedicated graphics program (even a low-cost one like PaintShop Pro)' date=' there's no need to do the printing and rescanning - simply open the PDF in your graphics program and resave as an image file. You can then compile all the image files into one big one (rescaling and moving selections around as necessary), and add the missing details by hand.[/quote']mmmhhh i tried it but says it's secure so i cannot do it :(

btw maybe i could try one or two tricks before losing any hope :)

Of course' date=' this would be strictly for your own personal use: you wouldn't be able to publish or redistribute it without Hero Games' permission.[/quote']well, of course

btw IF i could manage to do it and IF i'll made a good map, i could always send it to copyright owner and ask to publish here :)

but there are at least two big "IF" so there's no worry at the moment x_x

Edit

it's working :) ty

now i just need to crop it, rescale it, paste it... x_x