Modifing the APG: Possesion

JmOz

Wanted your opinion: I am thinking about allowing a character to use possession, but with a couple of changes. First and formost is that I want to change it to a die roll instead of a "fixed" cost. Thinking 5 points per d6 (Using the Mind Control model)

Second, I am thinking of reworking the damage taking stats (especially stun) some, not sure how, but want to take a closer look at them and see

Re: Modifing the APG: Possesion

Possession in the APG is 60pts for a "Mind Control roll" of 40; that is pretty close to 12d6 Mind Control for both cost and effect, so you could just do a straight substitution. You would have to decide if a more powerful possession would then just add dice of Mind Control or if you would use the Possession rules thereafter. It sort of depends how the possession is going to work (e.g. will it include the Telepathy aspects, etc.) as to what a fair cost is. It would be a reasonable approach though, allowing Possession to mirror other mental powers, although I don't know if you gain much functionally.

Re: Modifing the APG: Possesion

I forgot about telepathy. Never felt it should be part of possession (A common linked power sure, or an advantage maybe, but not inherent). So probably will strip it out, so should probably reduce the cost some. maybe a 3 point power? not sure, like I said I am just starting to look at it.