PBEM games

drrushing

I've played Champions in it's various forms since the first edition hit the shelves. I have NO idea how to go about entering or playing a PBEM Champions game. I thoroughly enjoy a good story, and I love comics. Champions has always been the perfect game for me to explore. I would like to try a PBEM game, how do I go about it. Preferably, I would like to find one that uses the Hero System format (or something very close), and one that would allow for a flexible schedule. If any one has information that could be helpful, I would greatly appreciate it.

I play in two games on Hero Central. Nice bunch of people, on the average. Games start all the time, one simply applys under the Campaign Information screen.

Biggest change for PBeM Champs - time drags its size 15 EEE feet. It can take months of real time to fight one big battle. Biggest plus (IMHO) is that you can roleplay to a depth unheard of in FTF games. You can take your time to craft complex actions/speeches that get lost in the hustle/bustle of FTF gaming.

Good luck with your quest to find a fun Champs game!

I'm currently involved in my first PBEM game and it's really enjoyable. It's especially fun playing a character with a bunch of incantations and such, b/c it allows for much better roleplaying, IMO. The time to actually write stuff is great, especially for those of us who both GM and play, because it allows for enough comand over the character and tone of writing that isn't neccessarily available in FTF.

I still love FTF roleplaying just because of the social interaction that you don't get in PBEM, but both have a lot going for them.

As for starting one, it seems like these boards are a pretty good place to get players and such. I know I've only been haunting the boards since I moved away from my hometown and have been stuck without gaming opportunities down here.

As for running one, I don't really have any experience (I hope to fix that soon) but there are lots of good guides and guidlines available on the web.