TK, Shove and Area of Effect

Christopher

Question

I have run into some question concerning the above:

1) You have to buy every maneuver except the few listed seperately. Is that even true for shove?

2) About TK and Area of effect it is said that Grab's and puches apply it's full STR vs. every target, not the STR divied trhough the targets.

Is that true for every Combat Maneuver (inculding Shove, Trip and the like), or just for Grab and Punch?

3) How do I build an Telekinetik Area of Effect version of a non-Free maneuver? Do I just apply a (naked) AOE Advantage to the TK-STR I want to use?

Asuming the Answer to 4 doesn't answers/invalidates these questions:

4) Is one single power Naked Advantage on the TK-STR enough to use all Maneuvers bought for Telekinesis that way? Or does that require a Group Naked Advantage/Single Power Naked Advantage for each Maneuver?

5) Is the cost of the maneuver used in an Area Of Effect Telekinesis somehow calculated into the cost (i.e. 10 STR + Trip = 18 Base Points)?

1 answer to this question

Re: TK, Shove and Area of Effect

1. Yes, it is.

2. The same logic generally applies to other Combat Maneuvers a character can perform with his Telekinesis, unless the GM rules otherwise for some reason.

3. This is a how-to question, not a rules question, so I’m not going to answer it here. Post it in Discussion if you want to get peoples’ input.

4-5. If a character has Telekinesis, and he buys a naked Advantage for it, generally speaking that Advantage applies (if he wants to use it) whenever he uses Telekinesis to perform any Combat Maneuver (either ones he can freely perform, or ones he’s paid Character Points to be able to perform). The use of a paid Combat Maneuver doesn’t affect the cost calculation of the naked Advantage. The GM, of course, can change any of this if he prefers or considers that necessary to maintain game balance.