Multi Weapon Fighting

Christopher

Question

Hello.

I just had some thought about Combined Attack, Multiattack and Two Weapon Fighting and want to see if I understand the rules about it right (sorry, but this is long):

Asuming a black skinned, red eyed, white haired and pointy eared heroic adventurer named "Drozt", who happens to use two swords in combat.

He has Two Weapon Fighting and Ambidexterity Skills/Talents.

Drozt wants to just hit a single target with his two identical blades, so he makes a Combined Attack:

"Two Sword Strike": Left hand Sword + Right hand Sword (not a power, just a convenient way to name the combined attack).

It cost two times the Endureance for the STR used, but otherwise is a -0 OCV, -0 DCV attack that, if the single attack roll succeds, rolls two times the damage and each throw applies against the defenses seperately.

Now Drozt want's to do his "Two Sword Strike" once against each of three foes, so he multiattacks with it:

The first "Two Sword Strike" is modifies the OCV with -0, since the first attack never counts for OCV penatly.

The second also modifies it with -0 OCV, since Two-Weapon Fighting Negates the Penalty for the Second Attack.

The third one, gives -2 OCV penalty like normal for Multiattack.

So the entire action is at -2 OCV, 1/2 DCV, Takes a Full Phase to execute and cost endurance according to the STR used with the swords, times 6.

Now the first Quesions:

1) Is everything in the above listing right, from the rules point?

1a) Especially, does Two Weapon Fighting apply in this chase, or does it only apply if the two weapons are used "alternatingly" (Right Hand as first attack of the Multiattack, Left Hand as Second, Right Hand Third....)?

Now lets make a Jump into the future, to a time where there is a character named "Zort" with 2 fully loaded "9mm H&K MP5" (6E2 208, 30 Charges, AF 5) and both Rapid Autofire Skill and Ambidexterity, but not Two Weapon Fighting (since he wasn't sure it even applies for what hes has in mind next).

His favorite attack is this:

"Dual MP5 Autofire", a combined Attack of "Right Hand MP 5, 5 Shot Autofire" and "Left Hand MP5, 5 Shot Autofire".

Zort currently faces 6 Generic Bad Guys and he needs to take them out fast (preferebly this phase), so he want's to try this maneuver:

"Dual MP5 Autofire" Multiattacked, so each foe is the target of ten bullets once. Letting some realistic ideas about Firerates out of it, the GM allows this maneuver:

Multiattack, 6 times "Dual MP5 Autofire":

-8 OCV, 1/2 DCV, and two totally empty magazines.

After a lot of Dice Rolling the GM hates his player for doing it, the other players can finally come back to the table to continue playing and Zorts player realized that his chances for beating any targets DCV by 8 (to actually hit with the 10 bullets/target) was pretty slim so most of the shots went lost anyway - but that concerns us here only peripherally.

Next batch of questions:

2) Does "Dual MP5 Autofire" require Rapid Autofire Skill to be useable, or could it be used (but not Multiattacked) without that Skill?

2a) could a combined attack work with two powers that have/are used on different levels of autofire (i.e. one set to AF 3 and the other to AF 5, or one with non AF and one with AF 10)?

Thanks for reading and answering in advance.

1 answer to this question

Re: Multi Weapon Fighting

I'm sorry, but there's no way I'm going to read through all that and try to analyze what you've done, where it may be right or wrong, and what the rules implications (if any) are. If you think the rules are somehow unclear, sometimes it's best to just make a decision as to how things work in your game and stick with that.