Searching PDFs

azato

Somebody posted a couple years ago how to add somethign to a search and it would only search the headings. Thus (I am just making up the character) #aid would only search AID in the headings and not the body of the text.

I cannot remember nor find how to do this. HEEELLPPP.

Re: Searching PDFs

I believe you might be looking for the prefix "HH". For example, if you search the 6E1CC PDF for "HHBUGGING" it will take you to p. 67 where the "Bugging" Skill is described. I believe this is a particular quirk that has to do with how they did the little logos in the headings of the 6E books; I don't think it will apply to PDFs in general. By the way, if you don't want to remember this, you should be able to copy/paste a whole heading (including the logo part) into your search box. You should get the equivalent ASCII text with prefix so that you can see the general pattern to use.

Re: Searching PDFs

I believe you might be looking for the prefix "HH". For example' date=' if you search the 6E1CC PDF for "HHBUGGING" it will take you to p. 67 where the "Bugging" Skill is described.[/quote']

Tried it with Foxit Reader. Here the Text behind the blue "Bugging" Skill Name and the Picture is:

"HBuGGING" (or "HBuREAuCRATICS" for Bureacratics).

Either the H is reinterpreted to be the Logo or the entire String is a palceholder for a formated Version.