Gravity Nullification

fbdaury

Marvel had a number of different individuals who could nullify gravity around an object to allow them to lift great weights, although I think they were all superhumanly strong to begin with, thus enhancing their superhuman lifting to much greatrer levels.

Would this just be a limited form of Str or is there another way to model it that I am not seeing right now out of my bleery, tired eyes?

Re: Gravity Nullification

Limited STR' date=' only for lifting would probably be the best bet, if the character has to touch the object to affect its weight. If he can 'lift' it at range, then TK is the power.[/quote']

Just a thought, but wouldn't TK with limited range allow you to use the affects the whole object disadvantage. Also, that would also allow the object to actually be considered to be lighter with a charitable ruling by the GM. That means that you could make the object X STR lighter on the lifting chart to everyone for as long as the power is in effect. I only say limited range because they frown on No Range TK in the rules.

However, that actually seems the way to go if the GM allows it. No range TK, affects the whole object, maybe area effect-radius, limited to making objects easier to lift, which is like (-0) anyway with that build.

Re: Gravity Nullification

Thanks for options- went with the limited strength, boosts his 40 Str to 80, for lifting, essentially making him x250 his normal Strength for lifting weights (or making the item 1/250th it's normal weight). Also had a seperate TK power for Gravity Manipulation at range but it is much more difficult- costs end (Str was 0 End) and 1/2 DCV Concentration throughout.